Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Reba RLT Threshold Adjuster Stuck – help, please?
  • nowmefeelinit
    Free Member

Just finished building a new bike and fitted a brand new Reba RLT (2012). It’s a Poploc version so using a Poploc Adjust.

Took it out for the first time on Saturday and messed about with positive and negative air and low and high speed compression (using the gold threshold knob) and was happy after 20 miles or so.

Went to check the positions I’d settled on for low speed and threshold adjustments last night so I could make a note and as I turned the threshold knob, it got progressively stiffer whichever way I turned it and now can’t be turned – if I try now, it turns the blue low speed compression with it against the spring/cable and no matter how hard I turn the threshold adjuster in either direction, it just won’t budge.

I don’t *think* that I’ve backed the threshold adjuster against it’s stop and it’s stuck there. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Stu

nowmefeelinit
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd – any advice gratefully received.

Cheers

Stu

nowmefeelinit
    Free Member

Okay, I’m a complete muppet. Turns out I’d inadvertently wound the floodgate knob too far anticlockwise and it was well and truly binding on its thread against the stop. Must have been a bit tired last night/enjoying the red wine with dinner a bit too much.

For anyone else who might be as foolish as me in the future and finds this through a Google search, I took the floodgate knob and low speed compression disc off and then re-fitted the floodgate knob. This allowed my fingers greater purchase on the floodgate knob without the low speed compression disc in the way. Then I turned the floodgate knob slowly one way then another with increasing torque in each direction alternately until the shaft began to turn.

Sorry to anyone who wasted their time reading this!

Back to the red wine, I think……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Reba RLT Threshold Adjuster Stuck – help, please?’ is closed to new replies.