Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Reba 2010 Team – setup/possible issue?
  • Alex

Bought for my ST4 in Jan. Been fantastic, stiff, plush, superbly damped until "lately". Now seem a bit wooden and over-damped. Things I've tried and/or noticed..

– Changing pressures. I'm 77kg and running 100 in the positive and neg. If I run with RS recommendations I'd have no sag. Same on any RS forks I've had.
    – Running higher neg
    – Checking floodgate/rebound. Both seem to be working as spec. I seem to have 18 clicks for rebound, not sure I had that many to start with
    – Neg schreader valve spits oil every time I attach the pump, whichever way the bike is orientated. It's more than I would expect.

In the workshop, they seem okay if not as plush as I remember. On the trail, they feel wooden, just not giving up the travel smoothly.

Anyone had any similar issues? Ideas before I either open them up or send them away/back? Ta.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Change damping oil or do a general service? Semi bath could easily be dry in that period of time. All the recent 'from new' RS fork I've looked at have not been adequately lubed, so there's less in there from the start.

Alex

Hmm be a bit disappointing with them being 4 months old, but maybe as you say they didn't start with much.

LoCo
    Free Member

Check oil and lube levels set them up on the sag not guidelines.

The valve will proably spit a little bit of fluid when disconnecting pump just lube/fluidy stuff.

Other possible is you've got a leak between the pos. and neg. chambers.

Hard to say with out seeing them.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Funny thing, if you look at the oil charts for '10 rockshox they say to use 5ml semi-bath oil each side for reba/revelation!
    I would think this might be your problem…as if people didnt have enough problems with 15ml…easy way to lose 30g though!

retro83
    Free Member

lube the lowers, foams and the air chambers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reba 2010 Team – setup/possible issue?’ is closed to new replies.