Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Reasons not to live in England or Wales…
  • waynekerr
    Free Member

I'm thinking of moving to the Scottish region as I'm 'kin sick of international football on the telly night after 'kin night

As a Scot & football fan, still living in Scotland, I loved that comment, absolutely brilliant.

The difference between you & us is we know we're shite, you on the other hand think you're not.

BTW don't come here if you are not Ginger, you will stick out like a sore thumb & we'll know you your a FEB. 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

The difference between you & us is we know we're shite, you on the other hand think you're not.

now I know Jack S**t about football but I believe England were in the last 8 in the world cup for at least the last couple of times

Top 8 in the world – is that shite?

fbk
    Free Member

Loving this thread! I was going to put something about the problem with England/Wales being full of windgers but this is far more entertaining. Especially the international football – bring on the World Cup 🙂

Keep it up guys 🙂

kennyp
    Free Member

Why do so many Scots leave Scotland?

Because someone has to come down and run the government for you. 🙂

waynekerr
    Free Member

now I know Jack S**t about football but I believe England were in the last 8 in the world cup for at least the last couple of times

Top 8 in the world – is that shite?

We'll see 😆

Like I said we know we're shite & we're quite happy to admit it, you seem to think you are world beaters & deserve to win the World Cup cos you have the best league in the world, but take away the foreigners & you would have to watch "Come Dine with Me" repeats on a Sunday afternoon.

uplink
    Free Member

you seem to think you are world beaters & deserve to win the World Cup cos you have the best league in the world

No we don't – we think we're around top 8 😀

gnasher
    Free Member

Because someone has to come down and run the government for you

And aren't they just brilliant at it 😯

Dales_rider
    Free Member

So as you can wear a skirt and nobody bothers. 😆

jimmy

i'm with superstar opponents;

superstar_opponents – Member
    I've moved up to scotland, and while access laws are excellent, I'll probably end up moving back to Yorkshire when I'm done. Nowhere else mind, Yorkshire and Scotcheggland are best.

I do like the mountains of Scotland, but the relative accessibility and cosiness of the Peaks.

However, to say the Scottish are not whingers and moaners is absurd. They have their fair share (think loads of unfunny and serious Franky Boyles)

waynekerr
    Free Member

Bet these guys in the photo went out & partied after though. 🙂

English supporters believe everything the media tells them & expect too much, I blame Nintendo etc. for the demise of British football, just watch as these African nations begin dominate in the next decade.

saleem
    Free Member

Since leaving the Highlands I've found I'm quite happy living in southern Scotland where the locals refer to it as England

waynekerr
    Free Member

Move to Scotland & your daughters can grow up to maybe be the nest Susan Boyle. 😆

saleem
    Free Member

SCOTCH EGGS ARE ENGLISH CREATED AT FORTNUM AND MASON,PICCADILLY,LONDON

zaskar
    Free Member

Too much rain and cold weather -especially in summer!

(but at least we have seasons and appreciate the different scenary-never gets boring and no flies all year round)

mafiafish
    Free Member

Never too far from a trail centre when you want some instant gratification riding.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Kemback woods is instant gratification mafia. Erm, sort of.

You been playing in the snow at home yet? Was meant to go out today but the ice is covering everything.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Nope, still can't think of any……..

cullen-bay
    Free Member

if your thinking about coming up to scotland, dont. it good up here as it is, and you'll wreck it. 🙂

hilldodger
    Free Member

if your thinking about coming up to scotland, dont. it good up here as it is

Don't get me wrong, I certainly enjoy a few trips up a year to 'use the facilities' and marvel at the quaint charms but certainly couldn't imagine leaving the comfort, affluence and sophistication of my locality for longer than a week or so.
    😉

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

One reason to not live in England. That and the depressing endless rows of identical houses that you can see from the motorways.

Not saying you don't get the same in Scotland of course, but seems to happen a lot more after you get past Northumberland

hilldodger
    Free Member

….but seems to happen a lot more after you get past Northumberland

As do most things 😉

uplink
    Free Member

I don't think I could handle the lifetime of living off benefits that goes with living in Scotland
    It just doesn't seem right 😉

steffybhoy
    Free Member

Why is it?
    The old celtic connection(french, scottish, irish & welsh) people
    have a collective dislike of engerland?

lol, guess most of the previous posts in this thread answer that.

Usual middle class snobbery.

Smee
    Free Member

Uplink – for a country that apparently invented football top 8 is woeful. South Korea and Turkey have also been top 8 recently too…

julianwilson
    Free Member

hmmmmm, what a conundrum… weather, midges, motorway delays, houses that look the same, tories, wrexham, access laws, xenophobes, the right to dress how you like, access laws, stunning scenery and trails.

If only there was somewhere waaaay better than all three options, taking into account the above. And quite a bit closer to many of us.

Oh yes, France. 🙂

cassin
    Free Member

The title should read "Reasons not to live in England, Scotland or Wales" The whole place is now to overpopulated to be any fun..

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Reasons not to live in England or Wales…’ is closed to new replies.