• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by bgd.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rear tyre to partner Trail King
  • bgd
    Free Member

Have been running 2.2 Trail Kings front and rear since the spring and the rear is now looking a bit tired (no pun intended). I’ve been quite happy with this set up so especially with the autumn coming I should probably just replace with the same but fancy something a bit faster rolling.
    To satisfy my tyre ocd I’d want to keep it Continental so was thinking of X King but am concerned they wouldn’t be up to the job – I ride mostly on Dartmoor so plenty of rocks, mud etc but also cover quite a lot of distance on the road.
    Am also open to any suggestions of other combinations from other manufacturers.
    Cheers

chiefgrooveguru

The X-King 2.4 is pretty good if you don’t mind it being wayward in the turns and having little braking grip in the wet or loose. Personally I’d wait until the spring before trying it though!

Northwind

I like the X King too, but to partner a trailking it’s going to have to be a Protection, and even then might not be tough enough- I had a wee dabble with a non-protection on the back of the trailfox and it’s just not up to it. And I’m really not hard on tyres so.

Mountain King is the more sensible option I suppose.

thejesmonddingo

I run 2.2 Trail king front and 2.2 mountain king rear,I like the combo but a bit sketchy in mud,may go back to 2 x trail kings for winter.

chiefgrooveguru

Yes, I’d only use black chili and Protection/UST Continental tyres. Btw, the 2.2 X-King and MK2 are tiny, the 2.4 ones are the same size as the 2.2 TK.

bgd
    Free Member

Thanks all, will probably sick with what I know until the spring.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rear tyre to partner Trail King’ is closed to new replies.