Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rear shock stanchion orientation…
  • vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve bought a second hand Fox CTD to use as an alternative to the standard Float R on my bike. i2i and stroke were both right, I forgot it was a possibility that the actual eye might be in the other axis, so my frame expects a shock to bolt in side to side at both ends and this one has the eyelet in the up/down orientation at the end of the stanchion shaft.

Is it possible to rotate, and if so, how? As simple as depressurising and twisting, or is the can going to want off? I’ll probably be doing an air can service anyway, so not a problem if it does.

Ta!

honourablegeorge

Just twist it

vincienup
    Free Member

I tried that as soon as I opened the parcel and saw it. Didn’t move, but I didn’t try that hard. Does it want twisting with one end in a vice or should I easily be able to do it with bare hands?

stevied
    Free Member

Couple of long bolts/bar through the mounts should enable you to twist it easy enough

downhilldave

Let the air out, then twist it. A bar or similar in each eye might help. My Db Inline was both eyelets inline and I needed them to be at 90deg to each other.

vincienup
    Free Member

Awesome. Cheers, guys!

I’ll get that sorted then clean and assess.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rear shock stanchion orientation…’ is closed to new replies.