Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rear mech's that don't fit frame hangers?
  • sherry
    Free Member

I was under the impression that any long cage Shimano XT mech would be compatible with all rear hanger designs. I have attempted to fit an “Shimano XT, RD-M781-SGSL, Shadow 10-speed” to my 29er Cube stereo and doesn’t seem shift correctly. The B tension screw doesn’t seem to be long enough to pull the jockey wheels away from the low gears on the cassette, 11/36. The full drive train and shifters worked fine on another bike.

On looking at some other Cube stereo frames online they seem to have a direct mount fitting without the extra hinge at the top of the mech?

If the above mech isn’t compatible what Shimano ones are? Any help appreciated.

woody2000

Just fit a longer b screw?

warpcow
    Free Member

You have made sure the little nub on the mech is behind the catch on the hanger, right? You wouldn’t have got it on there in the first place if it was direct mount.

sherry
    Free Member

Yeah it was installed correctly. I have removed the top hinge on the mech and its working perfect with a proper B tension! Chain tension is good now as well. so all good!

daver27
    Free Member

sounds like you have worked it out, with direct mount, you have to remove the B-link from the mech and bolt directly to the hanger.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rear mech's that don't fit frame hangers?’ is closed to new replies.