Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rear Deraileur Woes…
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Just out for a quick spin and the gears started suddenly started skipping and the chainset started losing the chain. Took me a while to pedal slowly home as it was skipping badly. I'm running a 1×9 set up and the chain-ring and chain are new as I converted back from singlespeed. The rear cassette is in good nick and the chain skips on all cogs. I've had a cursory glance over and I think that the jockey wheels aren't quite true. All was well on the last ride and there have been no knocks to it but it is a pretty old deraileur, circa 5 years and almost 5,000 miles. As I am unemployed and Shimano have recently price hiked kit I don't really want to chuck £30 their way when all it needs it some TLC and a new pair of jockey wheels.

As always, any advice greatly appreciated.

Coyote
    Free Member

*cough*

dmiller
    Free Member

I'm running a 1×9 set up and the chain-ring and chain are new as I converted back from singlespeed. The rear cassette is in good nick and the chain skips on all cogs

So, new chain and chain ring, partly worn cassette. That might be it I am afraid. I dont think I have ever seen a derailleur where the jockey wheels line up 100% and there is a bit of slop in them anyway. Although it might be cause I keep bashing them off stuff…

Anyways – can you pick up a super cheap new cassette from the classifieds? Might fix it…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rear Deraileur Woes…’ is closed to new replies.