Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • really… what is the point of ss?
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

iv been thinking about going single speed and cant see any benifits, e.g. With gears you can go up and downhill, single speed you cant do either etc. etc.

are there any single speeders out there who can convince me?

sheldona
    Free Member

It shite, don't bother.

singlespeedstu

What the fat singlespeeder up there ^^^ said.

bedmaker

I was on one today for a couple of hours. I went uphill and downhill and never got a frozen mech or any ghost shifting.

Shite troll by the way

ton

big chief, your tom has done in the bath..
    your turn now, then straight to bed for asking stupid questions… 🙄

carlphillips
    Free Member

there is at least one thread of this ilk every week!!!

i went for my 1st ss bike around 3 weeks ago, its ace for fitness and line choice, and is good fun/different. i dont really subscribe to the whole 'it doesnt need cleaning etc thing as i clean all of my bikes regularly anyway'

try it 1st and see if you like it.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

See if you can borrow one for a couple of rides. They aren't for every one but also I think you have to give it a go.

beej
    AverageMark
    Free Member

It's cheap – thats my reason

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

if you do go for it and master it, beat it, crush it . . . . make it look easy . . .

Then what?

World domination, . . . . very dangerous game.

Stick to gears.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Nice try at a trolling 🙂

PErsonally I can get up hills (most) and down hills (most) with my SS.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I don't find 27 gears is enough – too many ratios but not enough spread 🙁

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I've had my ss since I built it up in '98. Dunno why, it's cr@p. No gears or nothing.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

sorry for the repeat of a post last week but i dont spend all my spare time on single track checking forums. I have coursework etc. to do.

although if i did have spare time….. i would mix it with riding and talking about riding 😀

tazzymtb

singlespeeding is the truth! Do not be tempted by these other gear based ways of life, that way lies weedy un-manly thighs and madness.

If you use gears to make hills easier why not flatten them or straighten the wibblywobbly bits to make it easier too?

Come the church of singlespeed we will welcome you with open arms and a nice beer.

Once you are in the inner circle you will learn the screts of the universe or at least what the belly button fluff fairys' secret agenda is and how to build a life size doppleganger using nothing but dairy products.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Just don't touch your shifters for a week, and see if you feel it makes your life better

tazzymtb

you can also ride any old tat and be "niche" 😀

IdleJon

coffeeking – Member
    Nice try at a trolling

PErsonally I can get up hills (most) and down hills (most) with my SS.

No, I get to the top of the hill and just don't know how to get back down…..

Normally have to resort to the downlift.

grantway
    Free Member

All about fitness

KINGTUT
    Free Member

sorry for the repeat of a post last week

In that case perhaps use the search function before you repeat and age old and quite frankly dull troll.

epicyclo

Gears and suspension are for when you are old and frail.

sharki
    Free Member

If you don't see the point then don't bother, if you fancy it try it, if wonder…then find out, if you like it good, if you don't good.

Just ride!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

What about middle aged and lardy.?

Rorschach
    Free Member

really…reallly….really ….what is the point of ss?
    Bloody students-3/10 Better but lacks originality.
    If you can't be arsed to find out for yourself I can't be arsed explaining it to you….so there.
    I'm with the the stupids.

jedi

because gears dont work well on a bmx. thats why

barrykellett
    Free Member

Just home from a 27mile ride home on my single speed pompino

Bliss

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/gb/belfast/432126393256562953

zaskar
    Free Member

It's just another option on a bike.

Loved my bmx single speed as a kid went everywhere on it with pals on similar bikes.

sockpuppet

is it really that time again?

Del

sorry for the repeat of a post last week but i dont spend all my spare time on single track checking forums. I have coursework etc. to do.

although if i did have spare time….. i would mix it with riding and talking about riding

a quick look at your profile says you've started 11 threads in about a week. no spare time at all then?
    😉

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Through suffering comes enlightenment. You either get it or you don't BUT it is no coincidence singlespeeders tend to be real men. Come to the Keilder 100 and watch us make geared boys cry as we beat them with our rigid ways

ooOOoo
    Free Member

69er
    Free Member

If you don't get it you probably don't want to do it. Do something else. Everyone's happy 😉

69er
    Free Member

If you don't get it you probably don't want to do it. Do something else. Everyone's happy 😉

taka
    Free Member

epicyclo – Member

hes only 13 so hes got to work upto somthing… :mrgreen:

cannondaleking
    Free Member

It works well here in suffolk/norfolk really well (deep mud and no monster hills near by) having one gear here is good in winter, As its harder to clog up one gear than a 8/9 speed drive. It does make you work harder if you want it too its marmite love/hate thing you ever like it and live it or hate it and curse it as. 😯

rOcKeTdOg

this

bonj
    Free Member

fashion.

bullheart
    Free Member

I'm a singlespeeder.

No, I cannot convince you.

post = FAIL

tazzymtb

fashion?

HAVE YOU SEEN A SINGLE SPEED RIDER??

they normally look like geography teachers or the bloke from jethro tull, I'm sure the rigid forks will double up as a flute.

coogan
    Free Member

I always saw singlespeeders as 'look at me! look at MEEEEEEE!!!!' types. Much like 29ers and tandems. Basically all clown bikes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘really… what is the point of ss?’ is closed to new replies.