Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • RealFeel® Outside Temp 10°C – Shorts for the Commute Home?
  • joao3v16
    Free Member

Rode in this morning with bib-tights under my baggies (I know, I know, that’s a whole other thread right there…)

Qu. is, will I need them on the way home?
    Is 10°C too cold?
    What is the cut-off temperature between tights/shorts?

headfirst
    Free Member

This problem is easily solved: get yourself some knee warmers – morning commute with, evening commute without. For today, go with the shorts and push harder if you’re cold!

EDIT: look at these beauties:

http://www.probikekit.com/uk/clothing/mens/cycling-clothing/warmers/campagnolo-cycling-knee-warmers-1.html

allthepies
    Free Member

Wore 3/4s in this morning (3 degC), will wear 3/4s home this evening 🙂

10degC is well inside shorts temperature, are you from the Southern Hemisphere or what ? 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

What is the cut-off temperature between tights/shorts?

pfft it is never cold to enough to wear tights on a bike fricken gutter bunnies

🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

10.3 is the cut off.

binners

Get your knobbly knees out you gert big gayer! I rode in oiled up in just my Speedo’s this morning

CaptJon
    Free Member

You’re still wearing bibs in March? mftu.

joao3v16
    Free Member

are you from the Southern Hemisphere or what ?

I was born is Essex but had escaped northwards to (near) Manchester by the age of 2.

I am obviously still exhibiting symptoms of being a southern softie with my confusion over wearing shorts despite the temperature in double figures.

portlyone

I wore tights twice, both at -15C a couple of winters ago. Rode this “winter” in shorts.

I don’t shave my legs though…

CaptJon
    Free Member

joao3v16 – Member

I was born is Essex but had escaped northwards to (near) Manchester by the age of 2.

I am obviously still exhibiting symptoms of being a southern softie with my confusion over wearing shorts despite the temperature in double figures.

Manchester, still the south then.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘RealFeel® Outside Temp 10°C – Shorts for the Commute Home?’ is closed to new replies.