Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Real Pub required in/near Hockley Heath B938JA
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m taking MrsBouy to a Foresty Commission exhibition at the weekend, we’ve a decent hotel booked but keeping within the “rural” framework I’d like to know if there are any decent rural pubs that serve real ale and propers food in the Hockley Heath area (near Warwick)

Any folk ride around that area??

kayak23

The Boot Inn, in nearby Lapworth is quite a nice pub.
    They do good food so I believe, if you are of the meaty persuasion, can’t comment on Veggie as I’ve not actually eaten there.

I’m afraid that I can’t also comment on the real ales they have as I am something of a lager drinker(I know…) but, its a really nice country pub, quite a posh area so lots of flash cars pulling up and Birmingham drug barons but yeah, good ‘feel’ to the place, nice winter fires….good. 🙂

Basically, if you head from Hockley down the B4439, you have several nice pubs along there.

The Case is Altered is a wicked ‘proper’ pub at Fiveways near Hatton but no food. I believe(again, lager drinker..) that it has good ales on tap, has lovely cosy small rooms, there is no jukebox and you get fined for using a mobile phone… 🙂
    Its at CV35 7JD

Otherwise, head along the road to Henley In Arden. Some lovely pubs in the town there, have a scout.

Hope you find something.

disco_stu
    Free Member

I don’t really know Hockley Heath as its a bit far out of Birmingham for me but the Coach and Horses is about 5-6 miles away ( small onsite brewery and they do food )

http://www.coachandhorsesinn.co.uk/

bikebouy
    Free Member

Muchos Grazias fellas..

Muchos..

Grazias.

bamboo
    Free Member

The Boot Inn is an obvious candidate, I haven’t been for maybe 4/5 years but I seem to remember it is a bit of a gastro pub. They’ll have a couple of ales on no doubt, which will be ok, but I doubt they will be the finest pint you’ll ever have had. I live in Warwick and there are very few good real ale pubs in Warwick itself; the Cape of Good Hope (on the canal) does a good Butty Bach / Hook Norton, or the Wild Boar in Warwick always has a selection of 5 or 6 good beers on. Neither are great food pubs, although the Cape does decent cheap ‘pub food’. I’m afraid I don’t know anywhere close to Hockley Heath though.

Cheers

Ian

ChrisA66
    Free Member

Bikebuoy – I think this place might be up your strasser http://www.fleurdelys-lowsonford.com/. Enjoy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Real Pub required in/near Hockley Heath B938JA’ is closed to new replies.