Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • re mortaguge costs
  • milkyman
    Free Member

1st of I know I have spelt it wrong sorry

my partner is wanting to move her mortgauge and I have just been looking on money super market and there seems to be some better deals around, but the cost to move seem high to me, booking fee £999, admin fee 300, house survey and on and on

so when she bought her house im sure that she would have paid for a survey, so If she could find it would that not surfice or is it just a excuse to make some money, bit clueless about this kind of stuff
    cheers
    craig

nickjb
    Free Member

It’s normally an excuse to make a bit extra. You can find other deals with zero fees but a higher interest rate. Stick all the numbers into a spreadsheet and work out the best deal all in. Usually there isn’t much in it. Also some fees will be fixed others may be negotiated but not often

dannybgoode

It’s not a full survey but a mortgage valuation. Whether the price of that valuation is fair or not is reasonable is by the by – the lender wants a third party to go and and ensure the house is worth the money they’re lending on it.

Sure you might have got a survey a few years ago but who’s to say the property has been maintained in good condition etc.

I can promise you now if you wanted me to lend £££££ against your house I’d want to make sure it was worth it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘re mortaguge costs’ is closed to new replies.