Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ray harryhausen.what a legendary special effects guy!
  • racefaceec90

have been playing oblivion on my 360.when fighting some skeletal warriors,was just thinking of his films 😀 the guy is a true special effects genius.will always love watching his films 😀 [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYz1J97kdE0&feature=related[/video]

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh you’ve done it. 😀

Harryhausen was a genius. Speshly love the skeleton warriors.

Northwind

Brilliant isn’t it… 30 years on and Clash of the Titans still looks cool, don’t think the remake is going to age so well.

Kevevs
    Free Member

indeed. The skeletons scene in clash of the titans has always stuck in my mind despite all the amazing computer effects since.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Always a concern when you get to meet someone who you admire. Turns out he’s a really nice guy too. 😀
    And he made such fantastic effects. Set the standard for stop motion animation for years to come. As a kid those Skeletons scare the stuff out of me.

billybob
    Free Member

Will still happily watch most films with Harryhausen effects, were my favourite films as child. The original Clash Of the Titans was on last night.

Taking the theme slightly further, I think CGI has ruined sooooo many films & made directors & sfx people lazy & think it’s such a shame all the creativity & artistry that went into a film like the Dark Crystal will never be seen again.

MrGreedy

Bah, this guy is way better 8)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpoRri7Oee0[/video]

mogrim

Genius, but a complete nightmare trying to get a seat in his restaurant.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

…..but a complete nightmare trying to get a seat in his restaurant

I was thinking the same thing! 😉

Reluctant
    Free Member

I love Harryhausen’s stuff. “Valley of Gwangi” is still around on dvd and well worth a watch.
    CGi has superceded animation like this now, but will never have the character and art that this stuff had – in fact it’s the main reason so many new movies are sh!te.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ray harryhausen.what a legendary special effects guy!’ is closed to new replies.