Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Rapha Rising
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Done, completed last night.

Rear wheels now buckled and no one where I’m staying can true it up sharpish for me!!

Grrrr 🙄

will
    Free Member

114% is that all? Poor effort.

jimification
    Free Member

84% done. Feet starting to ache on the climbs from all the pushing down.

jimification
    Free Member

Congrats to those completed already! Incidentally, if you’re doing 8800 anyway, it might be worth adding another 48m as a cherry on top 😉

richpips
    Free Member

1885 metres today, wow it was hot.

59% done now.

DT78
    Free Member

hour before work, hour at lunch, 2 hours after work = 2500ft only 22% complete with 4 days to go. Not likely 🙁

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Another 1380mtrs (58miles) for me today. Halfway there now, out first thing tomorrow around the Trough of Bowland for a biggish ride so it’s looking promising for me to complete the challange 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

A mix of on and off road today. 72% done now.

AlasdairMc

Still at the halfway point. About ten miles in Central London yesterday gave me all of 60m ascent.

I did however discover that Boris Bikes are like Daleks in that they don’t like stairs, at least descending them…

crazy-legs

87% done now thanks to 1750m tonight. I’d planned a hillier route but actually didn’t quite realise how long the whole lot was so took a shorter way home.

54 miles in the lovely evening sun though. Quiet roads, good views. 🙂

shedbrewed
    Free Member

64% now, got the cross bike out for some off road fun today as a break from the road stuff. Will try and do a few decent runs tomorrow and Sat and then a steady pace Sunday.

DT78
    Free Member

Another 3hrs only 28%, admitted defeat and just went for a ride rather than going up and down the same hill. There’s more to life! Next year if the weather is good I’ll be booking some time off and heading somewhere with proper hills!

onehundredthidiot

bouncy bike tomorrow, as it’s been road up to now. Hopefully GT black and red, should put me to within a few hundred metres.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

It’s slipped from my grasp.

Literally a mountain to climb before Sunday.

bob_summers

Slow going for me this year, the last two editions coincided with me being in the Pyrenees and having it half done on the first day.
    This year.. working and on a rest week so just tacking on extra climbs on the way to work, 70% done.

If I’d used a smartphone I’d have finished by now though!

crazy-legs

Slow going for me this year, the last two editions coincided with me being in the Pyrenees and having it half done on the first day.

A friend is currently out in the Pyrenees and she did about the same amount of climbing as I did today (1750 ish metres).

Only difference is that she did it in one 20 mile spin from her hotel up to the summit of Tourmalet; it took me 54 miles round the Peak District…

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

pt0608
    Free Member

56% done for me. Tough to get this donee down south. I’d give my left arm for a Col.

1100m done tonight, with a few hill reps. Finding it hard to get this done without dull reps unfortunately. A quick 500 tomorrow after work then maybe off to Wales on Saturday to get 2500+ in. Will still leave about 1400 on Sunday.

Now it’s been mentioned, think I’ll have to do that extra 48m.

wilburt
    Free Member

I’ve done 16% and most of that was riding up down the one hill close to fifty times.

Climbing challenges are not easy when you live in Suffolk.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Well I managed 81miles (2300mtrs) today round the Trough of Bowland. Even though I was out at 7am it was still hot, not a lot of shade on the fells 🙁 76% done now, another early morning ride tomorrow, rest day Saturday then finish off on my mtb doing the three passes in the Lake District. There’s light at the end of the tunnel 8)

DougD

Finished yesterday, 11,075m, including col d’izoard, col du telegraphe, col du galibier, col du mont cenis and col du montgenevre. Some epic views

zomg

Finished it on Sunday in the same bit of the world, including Col du Telegraphe, Col du Galibier, Col du Glandon, Col de la Croix de Fer and Col du Mollard. 2 rides and about 200km. It would have taken a bit longer at home in East Anglia…

mooman
    Free Member

Will finish it today, only 1000m left to take off.
    Only a gentle spin of legs yesterday – so 50 mile ride up & down heads of valley will easy clear what’s left.

Been easier this year. Last year rain made it tougher to get out.

Does anybody actually buy the jersey??

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone does.

Did see some guy on a Sportive who was wearing the lightweight Pantani jersey (the pink Rapha one). Oh how I laughed!

He had the last laugh though. It was around 30 degrees C and I had a wool base layer on. More fool me.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

mooman, after crashing out of the last one I am totally buying the tee shirt.
    I was surprised to see you not finish it already!
    I’ve got a loop to Chepstow and maybe over the bridge for the heck of it late afternoon today, then Gospel Pass to Hay and back through Talgarth Sat. This means I can have a steady club run Sunday and not drag everyone up two mountains on their recreational ride again 😉
    (Thom)

kbomb
    Free Member

Apparently you only need one ride to do it, can’t say that many repeats appeal though….

http://app.strava.com/activities/170023741

slowjo
    Free Member

This sort of challenge is a bit tough in Suffolk. Reckon I’d be riding non stop for days to get it all in. 😯

DT78
    Free Member

I worked out I needed to do something like 240 repeats of my local hill to achieve it in the most efficient time (something like 28hrs including get there and back).

At that point I just decided to go for a ride….

crazy-legs

I decided today that I’d like to get to 10,000m, it’s a nice benchmark figure. I’m at 7600 at the moment so 1200 tonight to hit the target then another 1200 at some point over the weekend should all be do-able.

Deveron53
    Free Member

i’m out, was ill this week…

crazy-legs

FINISHED!! 🙂

Just done 1300m around the Goyt Valley which has taken me to 8940m total. Mostly road but I did two CX rides in there as well.
    I’ll take tomorrow off then do a big CX ride on Sunday to get me to 10,000m.

Somehow it seemed easier than last year in spite of needing more climbing. Maybe the weather was better this time round? At least the long warm sunny evenings have made it easy to get out and living right on the edge of the Peak District, there’s no shortage of hills to choose from.

bikebouy
    Free Member

+1’that ^^

Did a huge effort the other night that took me to 900mtrs to go, then killed it off the other day. Loooong days and veery light nights has been totally awesomnez.

We have been blessed these last few weeks for sure.

mooman
    Free Member

All completed. The weather certainly made it easier.

Shedbrewed/Thom, rather you than me on those nasty climbs!!

AlasdairMc

I’ve still got 3300m to go, and it’s ebbing away from me slowly. I think an early blast tomorrow will get me 1000m, then a big ride on Sunday to pick up the rest. Some horrible repeats are required.

Digby

Well done to those of you who have already finished – that’s very impressive!

I’ve got 1300m to do tomorrow and I’m done!

The weather has certainly helped this year (apart from last Saturday when I was wetter than an otter’s pocket and only managed 500m)!

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Done, dug in and did 8 laps of a local loop today to get my final 2000m. Relatively dull but I worked it out as I was averaging 7.5cm of climb a second.
    Got in and found I was 13 metres short of the total so nipped up the road to get them.
    Had a small crash on the second lap when descending through the lanes and found a tractor coming the other way after a blind chicane. I was really hoping to get this challenge done without a crash.
    Thankfully by going into the verge and over the bars into the nettles I avoided going into the thresher tines that were blocking my way.
    I hate nettles but I’m pretty sure I’d hate getting impaled on thresher tines more.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Done! Whoo! That was a hard week.

richpips
    Free Member

Had to get back home to pick my wife and daughter up.

….so we had to go out again.

All done now, 8857 metres. Maybe a few more hills tomorrow. 😉

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Grrrr finished this today but strava says I havent 😥

No 75% Badge, or 100% completed badge or anything 😡

pt0608
    Free Member

Big day in Wales today. Weather was amazeballs. Mostly.

900m to go. And I am not looking forward to another day on the hills tomorrow. Legs are smashed.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Rapha Rising’ is closed to new replies.