• This topic has 66 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Radio6…
  • drlex
    Free Member

It wasn’t slick, that’s for sure.
    I’d be getting out my smiley t shirt, if my daughter hadn’t gone off to college in it,

Next? Lil Louis?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Did Mike Pickering just balls up a mix then?

I’ll tell you in a minute, there’s a bit of a delay between radio and internet.

Del

I’ve got an old fashioned separates set-up, so need something to feed into this.

presume you have wifi. if so chromecast and tuneinradio on your phone, or iplayer on your pc.

binners

Pickering banging out Hac classics on a Friday afternoon? Get in!

I’ll forgive him the ropey mixing. Top chooooooons!!! Just given the sub-woofer a proper workout! 😀

Stainypants

Double posy

Stainypants

This is the 89 tracks from 1989 they are playing. I was 16 at the time to me 89 was a great year

link

hora
    Free Member

EEE I owned the dancefloor then 😀

drlex
    Free Member

^
    I parsed that as “E owned the dancefloor then”

[wombles off to find that Shamen 12″]

scud
    Free Member

For some reason i have problems remembering 1989!

jkomo

Jarvis’ show on Sunday is one long rave set apparently.
    Oh to be somewhere in a field in Hampshire.

CountZero

Celebrating new music as always then!

There’s always Absolute, Breeze, or Heart if it offends you so much.

Oh Dez why so prickly ?

I wanted 6 Music to be great. I wanted it to be my new John Peel/ Breezeblock… instead it’s the Hairy Cornflake’s breakfast show. I sob myself to sleep at night.
    Seriously? Peel used to play great stuff, he also used to play stuff with very dubious merit, and bear in mind one of his favourite records was The Undertones…
    I’m really struggling to think of any other source of easily available music that regularly plays really new music, from new artists, who frequently don’t even have any kind of record deal.
    I have spent a small fortune over the years I’ve been listening to 6music on recordings and gig tickets for people/bands that I’d never heard of before, and probably never would have, except for that station.
    The fact that so many presenters are musicians themselves gives their choices extra merit.
    There’s no other radio station in the world like it, and I’m truly thankful that it exists.
    I could really do without Keaveny, though I rarely get a chance to listen to it these days, few cars I drive have DAB installed, although the BMW I picked up in Cornwall this morning did, which allowed me to listen to most of LaLa’s show, which I enjoyed very much; I’d forgotten the French Kiss track…

chorlton
    Free Member

Well said CZ.

zippykona

A lot of us are old enough to remember when rock music would not be played on the radio. In fact at the time I was utterly amazed that Radio 1 played Teen Spirit when it was released.
    Today we have a million stations to listen to. None of them mix it up like 6.I don’t want to listen to one genre all day.
    They are not perfect but they can’t be.

yunki
    Free Member

I’m with dezB on this one

It’s the NME for a new generation.. middle aged middle class taste makers dressed in hebtroco and birkenstock trying to sell us hackneyed tripe that we neither need nor want so that they can buy the latest coffee fad from their hipster mates in the vain hope that it will render them attractive to gullible lithe young women

spoonfed beigenessssssssssssssssssssss

whippersnapper
    Free Member

…to an extent yunki and dezb. Day time, yes, I completely agree. Hate it, smug self congratulatory shit. But at the right times (after 9pm) there is always something of interest. Tom Ravenscroft doesn’t do bad considering the boots he has to fill.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Bloody love 6music me, Mark Radcliffe best DJ around in my opinion, Stuart makes a good partner with his indepth must knowledge.
    I must say I’m loving the station lately, all the DJ’s seem to be firing on all cylinders with a fantastic playlist to match! Long may it continue!

binners

Because I consider myself to be so, you know… edgy, n shit, and such a taste-setter,being so, like, ahead of the curve, I have an app linked to 6music, so that if they play any track more than twice then it is immediately deleted and blocked from any of my playlists.

Right now I’m listening to only babylonian mumblecore and retro deathtechno

hora
    Free Member

Yunki I wouldn’t wear hebtroco.

I like stylish clothes. I conform with the rest of your vision though.

stick_man

Who’s that bloke who presents the 6music breakfast time program? blimmin painful to listen to

binners

That’ll be the much maligned Keaveny. Everyone knows that 6 is off limits until 10, then once LaLa’s safely on, it’s fair game for the rest of the day

alanl
    Free Member

Marc Riley hasnt been mentioned – the best programme on 6, close run by Gideon Coe at 9pm.
    If you think 6 is poor, then try some of the commercial stations,I’ve been subjected to Kiss, Smooth and Capitol(sp?) this week at work – they are truly dire.

sadexpunk

enjoying it this morning, mary ann hobbs usually a bit too ‘spacey, heres your trippy sunriser, false laugh’ type bobbins for me…
    since i got up we’ve had pixies, arcade fire, killing joke, janes addiction, metallica, NWA, beastie boys, nirvana and just now happy mondays.

i iz not complaining!

binners

I do love Huey on a Saturday! 🙂

wallop

Well I don’t know what’s wrong with me but Keaveny has grown on me over the years and I love listening to him on my way to work.

Lamacq can do one though – only Spotify on the way home.

sadexpunk

Lamacq can do one though – only Spotify on the way home.

yet hes my favourite show 🙂

wallop

Every time he says “err” it makes me want to go postal 😆

DezB
    Free Member

Well said CZ.

If you agree with him, yeah. And I don’t. Well, I don’t actually know what he’s on about in most of the post: “dubious merit”? Arf. “really new music, from new artists”? Name something original. Something that doesn’t sound like stuff Peel already played in the 80s/90s.
    I’m not bothered, scos I just don’t listen to something that doesn’t interest me, but if you’re gonna come up with this sort of shite when I’mbeing sarky about old music, well: Clueless There’s always Absolute, Breeze, or Heart if it offends you so much.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Radio6…’ is closed to new replies.