Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Racing Ralph's/Nobby Nics are they really that good?
  • trusslebabes
    Free Member

Looking for a good tyre to ride in for most of the year on all sorts of terrain, also for Keilder 100, do people think RR's and NN's are the best there is or are there there options?

radoggair
    Free Member

there good but not really grippy, more fast tyres as such.

If you get them make sure there tubeless though cos they are puncture prone and also they are very very expensive

thomthumb
    Free Member

2.4 rr = ace

that is all

NN is a perfect trail centre tyre IMO.

RR never impressed me that much, but I used a narrow one.

When the trails have properly dried out I use Conti Race Kings – Protection version on rear, supersonic at front. So quick.

RRD
    Free Member

I really like the NN/RR Combo. The NN gives plenty of front tyre bite and the RR Rear is nice and quick. Unfortunately a wee bit expensive and they did not last as long as Nevegals (for instance).

dano
    Free Member

they are grippy, but soft and overpriced imo

anotherstan
    Free Member

nobby nic 2.25, slime tubes, all conditions, works for me 😉

hh45
    Free Member

RR is very fast and I have used them over several summers with no punctures, both UST and normal both with tubes and with Stans set up. For their weight and lack of big knobs they are pretty tough I would say but I don't weigh much or ride hard by many people's standards. I got through Trans Wales last year without a puncture and not many people achieved that.

For some reason they are silly expensive now and for that reason I would recommend Nevegals as best all rounder.

pinches
    Free Member

i use a mix of ralphs/nics and like them. But to be honest, performance wise, i can't tell the difference between them and larsens/high rollers

infact to be fair, i find it very different to tell the difference between most tyres i've tried.

djglover
    Free Member

No, they are thin sidewall rubbish. Bad. OK on the back for XC, but never on the front again, anything is better on the front than a nobbhead

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Racing Ralph's/Nobby Nics are they really that good?’ is closed to new replies.