Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Raceface Turbine Seatpost – opinions please
  • iainc

needing a 27.2 post with a bit of layback for the CDF and see these going at less than half price on CRC for 2014 version. Are they good, is the sideways clamping mechanism solid ?

Its between that and an Easton EA50, which also has 10mm layback

Thanks

ratherbeintobago

I’ve got a 27.2mm one; it’s been fine but last ride it was making ‘ticking’ noises as the clamp slipped. I suspect it just needs re-torquing. I’d buy another, I think.

iainc

thanks, sounds pretty decent, hard to see the difference between that one and the Evolve….just a bit lighter I think

rhayter

I’ve got a 30.9 Turbine post on my 29er hard tail. It’s a quality bit of kit, but like ratherbeintobago, mine mikes a clicking noise unless I grease the rails of the saddle (WTB Volt with steel rails) which is both weird and annoying.

iainc

thanks for that, may opt for the Easton to avoid clicks and creaks 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

As above OE on the Ramones it creaked from day 1. Immersing the clamp overnight in 10W/40 synthetic fixed it but I never really liked it and swapped it for a conventional post

iainc

Thanks rocketman – Easton EA50 in the CRC basket now 🙂

ratherbeintobago

Bumpity bump – I notice RF have changed their seatpost design to a more conventional two-bolt design.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Raceface Turbine Seatpost – opinions please’ is closed to new replies.