Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Quick! will I get 3 bikes on the Ilkley – Leeds train @11pm?
  • el_boufador

HEllo, as title – I phoned northern rail and all they would say is that they guarantee 2 bikes 1st come 1st served, but more is at the guards’ discretion. anyone know if the discretion is likely to stretch to three?

ta!

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Can’t guarantee it but you should do, its a pretty quiet train at that time of night. Might be best to split? 2 bikes at one end/door, the other at the other end if that makes sense.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I would doubt there would be much of an issue..

Hardly “rush hour”…

domino

You’ll be fine. Both bike racks are in the same carriage, just at either end, one bike in the vestibule area tucked out of the way, guard should be fine, they often don’t bother to come up and down at that time of night.

mark_b
    Free Member

There’s always more than 3 bikes on at 1732 and that’s probably the busiest train of the day. Can’t see it being a problem at 11pm !

glenh
    Free Member

No problem.
    The vestibule areas are plenty big enough.

If you are going Ilkley to Leeds at 11pm it won’t be busy. Other way around it might be busy (especially fri/sat) but not so bad that the vestibules are full.

el_boufador

cheers all!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Quick! will I get 3 bikes on the Ilkley – Leeds train @11pm?’ is closed to new replies.