Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Quick tourist guide to Skye?
  • mrplow
    Free Member

Heading there this weekend with the better half – anything that is a must do/see from personal experience?

Thanks for any help but I left this a bit late while drowning in work! 😆

richmtb

How long are you spending there? Its a big island.

Are you taking bikes?

Mikkel
    Free Member

Old man of Storr and maybe Talisker ;0)

druidh
    Free Member

A walk into Coir’ a’ Ghrunnda from Glenbrittle for a view of the amazing mountain architecture.

Walk into Loch Coruisk from Sligachan and tackle the “Bad Step” before returning via Camusunary.

A pub crawl in Portree.

Coral beach near Dunvegan.

The Storr and the Quirang

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Sleat peninsula in the South of the island is really scenic, nice beaches and good views of the Cuillin.

Boat trip from Portree with Squirrel on MV Stardust to see the sea eagles and dolphins (I took pics below from the boat). Cafe Arriba is good for lunch afterwards.

Old Man of Storr

The minor road over the pass from Staffin to Uig is pretty spectacular.

All good!

stevie750

That last time I went to tallisker all the tours of the distillery where fully booked, still got some free whisky so wasn’t so bad, so book before you go if you want to go there.

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Surely you’ve got to climb at least one of the Cuillin while you’re there? Sgurr Alasdair from Glenbrittle?

peterfile
    Free Member

A walk into Coir’ a’ Ghrunnda from Glenbrittle for a view of the amazing mountain architecture.

Walk into Loch Coruisk from Sligachan and tackle the “Bad Step” before returning via Camusunary.

A pub crawl in Portree

Coral beach near Dunvegan.

The Storr and the Quirang

+1 for eveything Druidh said (other than the pub crawl in portree perhaps 😉 ).

There’s a chance I’ll be there this weekend, leaving tonight to either climb/cycle in Glen Coe area, or head onwards to Skye tomorrow morning if the weather looks better. If you are camping at Glenbrittle keep a look out for a green Quasar and a silver Mercedes estate 🙂

To add a few pictures from my recent trips to places on that list:

The view of the Cuillin from Coir’ a’ Ghrunnda boulder field

The Bad Step on the way into Loch Coruisk

The view from Sgurr Nan Banachdich (a relatively easy Cuillin summit) down towards Loch Coruisk

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

The view of the Cuillin from Coir’ a’ Ghrunnda boulder field

Adding to that, a picture from my last trip, just a bit higher up the hill, and in slightly different weather conditions…

birky
    Free Member

Nice detour on the way up (or back) is the road over Bealach Ratagan to the wee turntable ferry at Glenelg.

mrplow
    Free Member

Ace tips – quick print of page before jumping in car. :mrgreen:

No bikes although we could hire for a day trip but no mtbing.

Will be taking my camera but won’t equal some of the images above. Lovely.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Quick tourist guide to Skye?’ is closed to new replies.