Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Quick eBay question re cancelling bids
  • guitarhero
    Free Member

Bidder has just contacted me about cancelling a bid on ebay. He’s made a few bids (not automatic ones) and this has pushed price up against another bidder.
    If I cancel his bid, will it cancel only his highest bid, or all of his bids? Can’t find the answer on the site

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

All of his bids are cancelled.
    How long does the auction have to run? It could be a scam; The high bids dissuade other potential bidders from bidding/following the auction,so the new highest bidder gets it cheap…

guitarhero
    Free Member

just under 24 hours

matt_outandabout

Let it run, and report for non payment if and when.

Jamie
    Free Member

Let it run, and then do a second chance offer?

guitarhero
    Free Member

Yeah, might do. If I cancel his bids the price will plummet from £180 to £23.

bradley
    Free Member

I’d let it run then.

jam-bo

I didn’t think you could cancel bids inside 24hrs. I’d ignore him and let it run.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah, might do. If I cancel his bids the price will plummet from £180 to £23.

Balls to him then, just let it run. For all he knows you could be away from technology and not even get his message till after the auction.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Bugger, I’ve messaged him back asking what the issue is?

Jamie
    Free Member

For the sake of arguments, you have just fallen down a well/gone into a tunnel 😉

Scapegoat

Just tell him you’ve had to go up north for a day or two. That usually gives you about 18 days’ worth of stalling.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just tell him you’ve had to go up north for a day or two. That usually gives you about 18 days’ worth of stalling.

😀

teef
    Free Member

Yeah, might do. If I cancel his bids the price will plummet from £180 to £23

Take a note to the next highest bid, cancel bids, then get a mate to bid it back up – just don’t make it too obvious.

ratherbeintobago

One bid might be an error; harder to believe with multiple.

TTFO, then report & block when he doesn’t pay.

gears_suck
    Free Member

I’d end the auction. If you let it run, eBay will charge fees based on the final price. Even if you don’t get the money.
    Yes, you can open a case to claim back due to non payers, but it’s intentionally convoluted and a pain in the asterisk.
    You’ll loose your insertion fees though but that’s probably more bearable.
    One more reason to steer clear of it. So many scams it’s ridiculous.

gogg
    Free Member

Just tell him you’ll cancel the transaction should he win (which has no impact on the standing of his account), but as his bids may have “scared off” other interested parties, you’d prefer to let them stand.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Think I’m just going to cancel his bid and take my chances. 20+ watchers and 12 hours still to go. I should still get a good price without the hassle

joeegg
    Free Member

I had a problem bidding on a caravan when the seller cancelled all other bids except mine.He contacted me before bidding had finished to say I had bought the van and wanted to arrange the payment and collection.After some abusive e-mails from him I found out that the bids he cancelled were his own through another party.
    He was registered as a private seller but looking at his history showed he was a regular seller of caravans.

njee20
    Free Member

eBay don’t like shill bidding, so I imagine that technique was short lived!

plumber
    Free Member

are you selling your eggle new yorks? I think its you that has the pink and blue ones?

guitarhero
    Free Member

I’ve cancelled his bids as he seems like a whiny type. His reason for wanting me to cancel his bids was he didn’t realise it was so old, and it didn’t come with a battery. Both are clear from the listing (the age is in the title). The bids have recovered to a reasonable amount so glad he’s out of the picture really. Would have been an arse pain.

Plumber, yes it is me that has the eggles. Not them I’m selling, but I could be talked into parting with the pink one for the right price

plumber
    Free Member

Plumber, yes it is me that has the eggles. Not them I’m selling, but I could be talked into parting with the pink one for the right price

sent you an email to the address in your profile

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Quick eBay question re cancelling bids’ is closed to new replies.