Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Quick bike event organisation question
  • TheFlyingOx

Just pie-in-the-sky at the moment, but the possibility of either a Sportive or MTB “race” in and/or around the Stirling/Central Scotland area has been put to me and it got me thinking.

I already hold public liability insurance for the likes of this, so that’s not an issue. And a route for either wouldn’t take two minutes to knock together given the local expertise I can call on.

What I really need to know is exactly how much organisation is involved? How difficult/time-consuming/expensive is it? Is there a set number of helpers/first-aiders required per mile of the route?

Things like that.

Cheers.

geoffj

Dunno, but I’m Perth based and would be keen to give you hand if you want to do something.

tollah
    Free Member

It took me( with help from kon) 8 months to organise SSEC2010 with 400 people 300 of which rode.
    First few months were mostly around 8-10 hours a week sorting land access, sponsors, quotes for stuff like camping, first aid, insurance etc. Then around Feb to mid march a few more hours then tying it all together with a few weeks to go around 6 to 8 hrs a day. Great fun yes would I do it again? No! Good luck with it 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Quick bike event organisation question’ is closed to new replies.