• This topic has 18 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by hazellowe-spam.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Question for runners
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Had these flat shoes for a while, but not done all that many miles. The padding hasn’t compressed much except for a big dent under my big toe. This is also where I get a blister if I run a long way.

I must be putting a lot of force through my big toe. Seems weird though – anyone else get this? Where else do you get them?

Not overly worried as my running lately seems reasonably effective, but the pain and blister is annoying.

Coyote
    Free Member

Got my Brooks after a gait analysis and so far haven’t suffered any blisters. On my third pair now. The dent under the toe does sound weird though. Is it just in the one shoe or both?

nickc

if they’re blistering, then I relegate them to gardening duties TBH. did you dent it on a rock maybe?

Cougar

Under-pronation?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Do you get a similar thing in day to day shoes? If not then the trainers are not for you.

Find a pair that feel like slippers, that’s all you need to do.

marcus
    Free Member

Are you trying to grip the shoe by clenching your toes ?

johndoh
    Free Member

Just one foot? Shoes slightly too big? Laces not tied properly?

allthegear
    Free Member

Just cut the toe off. Problem solved.

Rachel

molgrips
    Free Member

Both feet. Has also happened in normal shoes, IIRC a pair of DMs I had as school shoes for several years. Maybe because of the way the sole is on those or because I was running around in them.

Are you trying to grip the shoe by clenching your toes ?

Dunno – I think I must be pushing off with my toe quite hard but I really don’t know I’m doing it.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Sounds like a long shot but try a lace lock (google shows how) shoe is firmly gripped around ankle and may remove need for your toes to want to try and grip the shoe if your foot is sliding forward slightly.

molgrips
    Free Member

Shoes feel very secure, more than most.

Doesn’t everyone push off with their toes?

zilog6128

No. google Pose or chi running.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Just get a pair of Nike Pegasus like the majority of runners.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Just get a pair of Nike Pegasus like the majority of runners.

This. Got mine in 2007, still going strong, never had a problem.
    Probably because they don’t get anywhere near as much use as they should 😳

fifeandy
    Free Member

except for a big dent under my big toe

I don’t run (well not for a LONG time), but yes that happens to me in my biking shoes and (back when I still played) my Table Tennis shoes. I never got blistered there, but did build a HUGE callus.

Hardly a surprise in the TT shoes given the demands of the sport, but never understood it in the bike shoes.

johndoh
    Free Member

Perhaps it is a core stability issue? You are correcting balance by putting too much pressure on the front of your feet?

brassneck

Don’t you live in the valleys? Suggests running uphill a lot, maybe your leaning forward and putting more pressure there. The alternative is to lean back and fall over more 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I live in Cardiff, but round by me there is almost no flat ground, everything’s up and down.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I get a black middle toe-nail on one foot from running hills, not really sure why but the skin has hardened around it too. I’m going to change the lacing method to try and stop the trainer moving even if i don’t realise it is.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Question for runners’ is closed to new replies.