Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Question for anyone who knows about / owns a lapierre zesty 914
  • marionheck
    Free Member

Have a mate who has one, and the bottom two holes in the chain guide mounts are not threaded, but the top one has a steel thread insert.

he is having other issues with the frame and asked the shop where he bought it from about this and they replied

"The carbon Zestys don’t have the red nuts in the frame in the lower two bolts as standard. Its not a standard upgrade to fit a chain device to such a lightweight bike"

They have offered to supply him with some., but is this rubbish? I preusme these should come as standard? if it has mounts then they should be usable, one have threads in one and not the others?

anyone got one they could have a look at for me?

Cheers

Dave

ojom
    Free Member

Thats an interesting one. Will check when at the shop and get back to you.

marionheck
    Free Member

thank you. anyone got one and fitted a chain guide?

nasher
    Free Member

Those holes should be threaded and a chain guide can be fitted..a friend of mine has one and he no problems fiting one in.

It seems you have been fobbed off, thee should be threaded inserts in there..

also try the lapierre owners club

ojom
    Free Member

He has nopt been fobbed off.

They do not come with the inserts in place. The inserts are provided with the bike in the doc and info pack you would have got with it new.

If you no longer have these i can make a call and sort you some out if you cover the postage etc. Or speak to your original dealer and ask them to ask Hotlines for some.

The insert is held in by the bolt arrangement.

Hope this helps.

Mark

marionheck
    Free Member

Mark – thank you very much. a great help.

Dave

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Question for anyone who knows about / owns a lapierre zesty 914’ is closed to new replies.