• This topic has 39 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by FFJA.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Queen favourite songs…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Gotta to be one of my favourites

[video]https://youtu.be/oB4K0scMysc[/video]

stumpyjon

Fairy Fellas Master Stroke, the one you’ve linked to was so obviously a last goodbye.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Who wants to live forever

sc-xc

Dragon Attack.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Who let the Dogs (Corgies) out.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

THIS IS THE DAYAMM LAW

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt0V0_1MS0Q[/video]

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Very hard to choose just one. I like Under Pressure but I reckon my fave is I’m in love with my car.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

My honest answer is:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Mc-NYPHaQ[/video]

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Princes of the Universe
    End title from a Flash Gordon
    It’s a Miracle

MoreCashThanDash

Hammer to Fall. Very ’80s, and so am I.

Went off the boil for me with the last 2-3 albums when he was ill.

binners

What on earth is wrong with you people?

The law of diminishing returns applies to Queen more than any other band, with the possible exception of Oasis.

The first 2 albums are the work of unbridled genius. Everything after that got rapidly and progressively worse. Some of the stuff up there is utter unmitigated shite!

simondbarnes

Long away

jodafett

God Save The Queen

Igmc

scotroutes

Black Queen.

Probably.

Certainly something off Queen II

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Seven seas of Ryhe

cheers_drive

Also something from Queen 2. Probably fairy fellas master stroke.

jekkyl

Yea I love Dragon Attack, that whole album is Deacon’s. I have a special fondness for melencholy blues… just Freddie and a piano.

RustySpanner

Don’t Stop Me Now.

Bit obvious, but it’s just such a joyous piece of music.

I know if you left any cassette in your car for more than a month it turned into Queen’s Greatest Hits, does this still apply to CD’s and MP3’s?

zilog6128

’39

Brian May sings a charming folk song about special relativity. What more could you ask for.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Probably the Prophet’s Song for me

mikey74
    Free Member

Most of A Kind of Magic, Seven Seas of Rye, Those Were the Days…, Hammer to Fall, plus many more.

tooby

Tenement Funster is ace.

jekkyl-Agree with you on Melancholy Blues..what a voice.

Humans (back to machines).

kelvin

The law of diminishing returns applies to Queen more than any other band…

Nope. They just kept changing. You preferred their early style, that’s all.

To back that comment up, I’ll cite Show Must Go On, and Who Wants To Live Forever, as 2 of the finest songs ever recorded.

MoreCashThanDash

Forgotten ’39, live version sounded great.

scotroutes

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-xu8Gzoot8[/video]

RustySpanner

I think that’s why they are so loved.

They changed all the time, but were always cracking out fantastic tunes and great live shows.
    Always tight, always brilliant musicians.

I bet it’s a sin amongst ‘proper’ fans, but I even like ‘Flash’.
    Loved the film as a kid, still do.
    Still play the soundtrack now and again, it’s ace.
    🙂

kelvin

’39 is great, I think A Night at the Opera is my favourite album by a mile, the only one without a skip track for me.

mikey74
    Free Member

They changed all the time, but were always cracking out fantastic tunes and great live shows.
    Always tight, always brilliant musicians.

So true. I almost feel dirty heralding A Kind of Magic as my favourite, but that’s the one that first got me into them. I think they should be up there alongside the greatest bands of all time. Many people say the Beatles, but I prefer Queen, personally.

aracer
    Free Member

Agreed – I thought Innuendo was one of the best albums (certainly better than those immediately before), and would have picked those two tracks. However I’d still pick Bohemian Rhapsody as my favourite. Is that just too obvious for anybody else to have chosen?

mudshark
    Free Member

Love the early albums but like most their stuff.

Some that spring to mind:
    Brighton Rock
    Who wants to live forever
    Under Pressure
    The Show must go on
    Love of my life
    Hammer to fall
    Fried Chicken

scotroutes

😆

Pigface
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/oaEM4JYFPfw[/video]

mogrim

Seven Seas of Rhye, even like it enough to spel it properly 🙂

CountZero

The whole of Queen II, particularly Seven Seas of Rhye and The Fairy Fellas Master Stroke, also the Richard Dadds painting from where the song is derived; amazing piece of work, with microscopic details.

Northwind

Somebody To Love. Or Drowse. Or Innuendo, that absolutely blew my mind when I first heard it

(Queen gave me one of the best gig moments ever, too- Frank Turner, playing the punk stage at the Reading festival, and it was the 20th anniversary of Nirvana’s first appearance there. All anyone could talk about was bleedin Nirvana, just about every band did a cover, there was even a Nirvana reggae covers band.

So end of the set, Frank says, “right, we’re going to do a cover, it just seems appropriate while we’re playing the punk stage, to play an iconic track to remember a really important anniversary…”, and we’re all expecting the 50th version of Breed of the day… “Can, anybody, find meeeeeee…” And every single person goes “Somebody tooo-oooooo love” . It was absolutely bloody glorious. I ended up arm in arm with a massive German dude with a foot high mohawk and a Black Flag tattoo on his scalp, trying to hit the high notes… And that’s Queen, for me.)

CHB

So many good songs. The earlier anthology has a clear place in the canon of greats, but some of the late 80’s early 90’s stuff from Innuendo really has so much weight now. Who want’s to live forever is a powerful song. Other than the obvious Bohemian choice, my vote has to go to “Another one bites the dust”. This was very nearly played at my fathers funeral in 1991, but I opted for the Hamlet inspired Air on G string as a less controversial compromise.

scotroutes

On Queen covers, George Michael blew me away with this

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjZ9Qny7Z28[/video]

Rockape63
    Free Member

Rye FFS!

I grew up up with Queen, saw them in 78 at Earls Court and concur that Queen I I was a work of genius, especially The March of The Black Queen. Binners was right in that they quickly faded into a band producing pop anthems and not much else, so after the first five albums, my allegiance started to wither. My fave album was Sheer Heart Attack. With Flick of the wrist the pick.

Northwind

scotroutes – Member

On Queen covers, George Michael blew me away with this

That was the day I started listening to music- I was just oblivious to it before that, watched hte whole gig on the TV and was just

FFJA
    Free Member

Scandal gets my vote as one of my favourites and probably the most underrated.
    Freddie looks particularly cool in the video (and sadl ill) [video]https://youtu.be/d5efDaHQ2RY[/video] 😥

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Queen favourite songs…’ is closed to new replies.