Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Quantocks – Willoughby Cleeve
  • DJ
    Free Member

I rode Willoughby Cleeve for the first time last weekend, what a rush! It was a bit damp so the rear end was snaking around a little but it was great fun and I would recommend it if you haven't tried it. It's a bit off the beaten track but when we found it, it was enjoyable.

We accessed it by riding Smiths and then made our way around the bottom edge. There was something dead at the bottom of Smiths cos it stank down there!

sharki
    Free Member

There's often dead sheep in the bottom of smiths, alot of them, i went OTB on the rooty section and landed a metre from a heaving corpse, bad place to puncture too. eewww!

Willybees cleavage isn't bad is it, a little to straight and as a heavily used horsey route it can get a little mulchy in places. A nice few steps and super steep drop to the right, i ended up using it as a climb more then a descent as an alternative to Lady's edge.

DJ
    Free Member

Nasty about the sheep. I would have walked out of there rather than mended a puncture! Have done Willoughby Cleeve 3 times in the last two weeks now, going down. There were some people riding up it the last time I went down, they ruined my descent! Must be hard as a climb.

jam-bo

I like the view from the top but that’s about all…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Theres something about dead sheep on the Quantocks.

A good few years ago I managed to ride through a carcass that had just blown (I guess, because it was rank) whilst enjoying the treats of Bin Combe

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks – Willoughby Cleeve’ is closed to new replies.