Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Quantocks Route?
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

Hi,

Done MBR killer, but was hoping for a little more 'fun' and not so much uphill?

Any suggestions? I take it is wet but not too muddy at present, unlike hampshire, which is a claggy mess 😥

johnners
    Free Member

There's likely to be as much uphill as there is downhill on any route.

It's pretty wet up there except along the main ridge. Somerton's a muddy trench.

DeMoose
    Free Member

I was up there Thursday night. As Johnners says, apart from the main ridge its a complete mess at the moment. Don't think I've ever seen it so wet. Really hard going down in the combes. Also some trees down on Sharkies trail below Triscombe. Ruined one of the best bits of singletrack there is. I'm going to Cwmcarn instead tomorrow. Best to leave it till it dries out a little otherwise it will be completely wrecked.

johnners
    Free Member

Also some trees down on Sharkies trail below Triscombe

That's a shame, it's nicely put together. It's also a bit of trail that benefits from a bit of consideration when it's been wet, which unfortunately some riders don't show.

jam-bo

pfft. i built that with sharki and its ace in the wet….

knottie8
    Free Member

I was up there today and its wet , in fact very wet. All the combes are fine with no need for mud tyres(im still on half wore LarsensTTs). Pics later

sharki
    Free Member

I'll go up and clear OUR trail and those tree's before the weekend..

Meebie i'll expose a few more roots to make it a little more interesting too.

sharki
    Free Member

Trail all cleared, including the remains of dells stump and the chimney, tiz very moist out there.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cool. Will we be visiting those trails tomorrow?

knottie8
    Free Member

Buzz
    I hadnt planned to go that way but if we get back with enough light it maybe possible .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Quantocks Route?’ is closed to new replies.