Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 197 total)
  • Quality issues on the 17` Ragley Blue Pig 2011
  • montylikesbeer

If you air a private contract in public then it can get out of hand (not that this is)

Its an importer, there will be problems with QC, there always is.

Let the seller try and sort it out, if then it goes pair shaped after all else fails then perhaps post up, or seek some other recourse.

Mind you buy a bit of kit and it doesn’t work is very annoying also.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not slating you OP as I dont know what i would do in your position. I am certain that being unhappy would be amongst my reactions.
    Sorry it reads like I am trolling but in relaity I can see both sides of this issue.
    you have my sympathy now I am out of here.

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

TJ, a quick fix to get someone riding is better than not riding at all. Not ideal, granted but the OP chose to purchase a frame from an internet shop not based in their country

bendedheadtube
    Free Member

I know the brant is very proud of his work. but why did he not make sure about an improved qc

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

improving QC wont be instant and the stock already through wont be affected by it? just saying

bikeryder85
    Free Member

In OPs defence to order online & out of country, sometimes that is necessary, for instance I had to order my frame from the UK because nothing like that was offered at that time in the US.

bendedheadtube
    Free Member

and it is a lot quicker to send a frame with the exact same problem to a customer, which is already dissapointed?

khani
    Free Member

I’d be spitting feathers, purchased in march, 2nd frame worse that the 1st, now nearly august and still not sorted 😯
    That’s deeply rubbish IMO

timc
    Free Member

PR disaster

bikeryder85
    Free Member

my point wolfe

thomthumb
    Free Member
    jontydewolfe
    Free Member

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I wish I hadn’t read this. I bought an Mmm Bop and the headset took a lot more effort than expected to get it into the head tube. I’d never fitted a headset before so I had no idea if the fit was tight or too tight. Now I’m going to be riding about on a bike wondering if the headtube is going to crack on me mid-plummet.

🙁

bikeryder85
    Free Member

wolfe…lol’d on that pic

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I think that if a very highly respected retailer is saying the QC is not as good as it could be then there is something majorly wrong with the QC on these frames.

Were these the ones that were being sold at fairly heavily discounted prices?

cynic-al
    Free Member

ST it won’t.

bendedheadtube – Member
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/fastrundesrohr.jpg/
    This is a seattube from a ragley. Take a look at this dent. This leaves the factory.

You know they leave the factory like that?

Any shop should be able to sort that out in seconds, anyone wanting it sent back needs their head looked at.

brant
    Free Member

I’m sorry that the QC procedures at the factory, and at our distributors have failed you.

I’m sorry for suggesting you “give it a go” to get it fitted – it’s what I’d do myself, though perhaps that’s not the right thing to do for all people all the time. I generally install headsets with bits of wood and a large hammer, so maybe I’m not best qualified to discuss this.

As to the delay – in his email to me, it seems that the frame sat for five weeks without Jens looking at it (see his email) – that would seem to take us back to March from July 1st.

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

@surroundedbyzulus I think thebikechain saying these things is less than professional IMO. nice for us customers but not the best practice in a small industry!

WackoAK
    Free Member

I think thebikechain saying these things is less than professional

I think it’s refreshingly honest although probably promted by the fact that the ultimate owner of shedfire/hotlines is CRC…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I think that it arises from Mark’s previous work and the pride that he takes in ensuring that he has happy customers.

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

erm, sorry but that’s lost on me

toys19
    Free Member

I don’t see this as a PR disaster, its just a statement of facts. Jens (or bendedheattube) is telling us about the issues he has had and Brant is telling us how he is solving them. It looks good to me. I personally wouldn’t like my name being made public, but I think its going to be difficult to identify Jens even if he does live in the tiny region of Germanyshire.

At the end of the day I’m pretty sure if Jens wanted his money back he could have it, but by choosing to get stuff sorted, it is going to take a period of time..

So no that we have dealt with that and established that really everything is (or could easily be) sweetness and light I’m much more interested in how they have managed to ovalise the head tube. Spill the beans Brant?

yunki
    Free Member

Drac

I think it’s refreshingly honest although probably promted by the fact that the ultimate owner of shedfire/hotlines is CRC…

Calderdale a few minutes ago.

bendedheadtube
    Free Member

The way how brant is trying to solve the broblem is not bad. but the frame i recieved is the same damaged headtube, bendet seattube and also the paintjob is bad. This is the reason why i dissapointed

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

you do know Brant only works for CRC… not actually at the warehouse picking, checking and packing every order yeah?

sv

But the Piglet did ‘win’ the British hardtail test 😉

bendedheadtube
    Free Member

@jontydewolfe

sure, but if he is so proud of the products, he is designing, why did he not take care of the right qc.

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

it sounds like he is though, now, just unfortunate that this batch aren’t

compositepro
    Free Member

ze mechanic zat woz commissioned does he know of ze reamer device for headtubes….dissapointment …..search lucky nino and cassette

Junkyard
    Free Member

why did he not take care of the right qc.

he was bust designing a boxing machine that is universally effective if limited to two box options.

bullheart
    Free Member

But the Piglet did ‘win’ the British hardtail test

Well of course it did! It was a well-balanced, informative and non-biased test, wasn’t it? STW have been nothing short of complimentary about all of the Shedfire/RagleyNukeproof products they’ve tested. Hell, it’s almost like there’s some kind of, I don’t know, symbiotic relationship between the two parties…

😉

brant
    Free Member

np (irrelevant)

bullheart
    Free Member

Shedfire is owned by me. All mine. Shedfire consults for Hotlines.

I have to be careful here. I learnt the hard way that ribbing ‘friends of STW’ is off-limits and results in a ban. But I need to ask a question. Presumably your consultancy has open doors that might have remained closed due to the all powerful Murdoch-esque CRC, Brant? If so, has it proved to be a double-edged sword, especially regarding the issues raised in this thread. I can’t recall the same number of issues when you were at On-One? (Apart from the chain-suck issue, and that was just a design issue that folk learnt to live with.)

EDIT: Phew! Glad I quoted that, or no-one would have a clue what had happened…

TimP
    Free Member

BAN HIM (again) AND HIS AMERICAN SINGLESPEED 29er!! 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

Who pulled your chain eh? My American SS 29er is the first SS 29er in Team Bullheart history to have claimed a first on a race podium…

8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

If so, has it proved to be a double-edged sword, especially regarding the issues raised in this thread.

no one is as stupid as answer this on here – BRING BACK FRUIT. He works for them what do you expect him to say?

mk1fan
    Free Member

I blame TJ. He is totally responsible.

BillOddie

STW have been nothing short of complimentary about all of the Shedfire/RagleyNukeproof products they’ve tested

Just a thought, it might just be that products are actually really quite good.

I have had no issues with my Blue Pig, Ragley QR clamp, Nuke Proof bars, and Ragley seatpost.

Wouldn’t hesitate to buy more Ragley stuff, that includes frames.

timc
    Free Member

toys19 – Member
    I don’t see this as a PR disaster

Product being of below par quality = bad PR…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 197 total)

The topic ‘Quality issues on the 17` Ragley Blue Pig 2011’ is closed to new replies.