Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Q ? For any Gas CH experts . WB Combi 24i PCB swap. Diy able?
  • singletrackmind

My Worcester Bosch 24i PCB has the common fault on the LV fan relay .
    I have acquired a used one for a tenner ! and was wondering if it is a comlicated job to swap?
    It looks like 12 control wires into a chop block . 240v power supply and thats about it .
    I would probably take some digi pics and copy like for like .
    Advisable? or get in a GasSafe engineer at £70 / hr to do it?
    Or fit it wrongly , await the fizzling sound of burning electronics , then pay Gasafe man £75 ,plus the £120 for a new pcb
    ta

totalshell

well a couple of things.. we charge 45 quid for the first hour and a new 24i pcb will set you back closer to 150.
    as the pcb is a control and it controls gas you would be breaking the law and endangering those who live in and around the property all for the sake of saving your imaginary 75 quid..

i would have to ask how a ‘used’ pcb is working for only a tenner cos if thats the case i ‘ll take twenty. i normally pay 100 quid for used boilers with known faults for breaking for spares and usually charge 50% of trade price for used parts..

as i live on a new ( 10yrs) estate i have a dozen baxi solo’s in my lock up ready for breaking.. come in useful as on xmas eve when my own broke.

singletrackmind

Sounds like Im overpaying my Gas man . He really does charge £75 an hour . This is not imaginary but actual money .
    PCB was a Ebay special , might have the same fan relay issue , might not.
    Was not aware of the legality of working on gas thats in your own home ( pretty obvious I guess ) So will be looking for a gas engineer who charges less , and if it doesnt work hey ho , my loss

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WORCESTER-24I-CONTROL-PCB-87161463000-NEW-/170472920214?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item27b0fa5496

£99

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Q ? For any Gas CH experts . WB Combi 24i PCB swap. Diy able?’ is closed to new replies.