Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • PUSH rockers on a 5 Spot :o(
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

I’ve recently put a set of these on my 5 Spot and I’m struggling to get the rear set up. I spoke to TF Tuning who suggested that the change in the leverage ratio is overwhelming the shock (too much for a 2″ stroke shock) . They suggested going back to standard 5″ travel rocker plates as the shock will work better with these

Anybody fitted the PUSH parts then gone back to standard?

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

Ken

khani
    Free Member

I ran them with a coil which worked great, with an air shock it felt Trapdoory if that makes sense, the best air shock I tried with them was a manipoo 4way thing but coil was best, they also tip the angles back a bit,
    I think tf are exaggerating about the leverage ratio, 2.8-1 i think which isn’t huge, apparently pushing works well,

retro83
    Free Member

I’ve recently put a set of these on my 5 Spot and I’m struggling to get the rear set up. I spoke to TF Tuning who suggested that the change in the leverage ratio is overwhelming the shock (too much for a 2″ stroke shock) . They suggested going back to standard 5″ travel rocker plates as the shock will work better with these

Maybe they meant that the tune on the shock was too light for the increased ratio? Lots of 5 inch bikes use a 2 inch shock with no problem.

drew

When I fitted push rockers to my 5 spot I switched to a coil shock and the combination worked really well. Having read the Mtbr Turner forum threads on push rockers the consenus seemed to be that air shocks needed to be retuned to compensate for the extra leverage. I’m not an expert but I think the standard 5 spot air shocks have quite a light compression tune.

heihei

I have to admit I wasn’t overwhelmed with the Push rockers with a Pike up front, and went back to the stock rockers. However, for a laugh I stuck a set of Z1 Light 150mm forks on the front with the Push rockers and liked it a lot. Sure the frame isn’t warranted for that length of forks, but I figured Turner frames are pretty bombproof.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘PUSH rockers on a 5 Spot :o(’ is closed to new replies.