Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Purbeck Riders.
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Yesterday I rode the Purbeck route as featured in some magazine recently, not sure which one. Basically it was Studland, Corfe, Swanage and back to Studland.
    I can't help feel it could have been better with some local knowledge. So if you know the route I'm on about would you have some do's and don'ts regarding the route?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I saw those.
    Franks Tank is a must. 🙂

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Franks tank is closed (well it was last week) for repairs. It's getting a bit of a mess over there at the moment and i think a few locals will be riding elsewhere for a while, to let the trails recover a bit. I think ridebikes evening outings are moving to Canford Heath as of this week.

dmjb4
    Free Member

the bridleway from the golf course to franks tank was open (as in not closed) sunday am, but they have put diversions around some of the bits that were interesting once upon a time. a good thing imho, a few sections had become so worn and rutted they were an accident waiting to happen. hopefully they will just fill things in a little to minimise future wear.

oldgit
    Free Member

So how frickin busy does it get down there in the summer? It was bad enough on a cold wet and windy November day

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

How busy? How about mid-week evening rides with regular turnout in the 40s and 50s (i think it broke 60 a couple of times this summer) and winter night rides with 25-30 riders. And that's just from one shop, not including the other shop rides and other groups of locals like the Dorset RR.

Tends to hold a fair few though without continually bumping into people. Walkers can be a problem in the summer, but there's not a lot you can do about that.

oldgit
    Free Member

Sorry, walkers that's what I meant. Didn't see another rider in the five hours we were out, apart from some getting on and off the ferry.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Purbeck Riders.’ is closed to new replies.