Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • pub meal / restaurant in wigan?
  • nbt

Taking my parents out for a meal on Sunday afternoon / evening and I’m a bit out of touch with the area. not having lived there for the best part of 20 years. My parents are not fussy diners, they regard The Mount in Orrell as a perfectly good place to dine (and to be fair, it’s not bad, but…)

Mrs NBT on the other hand has a more cultured palate and would prefer something with a little more panache and individuality. Can anyone recommend a location? Years ago the Fox Inn up at Roby Mill was a place people travelled to, but that might just show how long it’s been…

Base location is Kitt Green near the Heinz factory so probably easier on that side of town

nbt

Is everyone out night riding?

andy3809
    Free Member

Thyme and plaice is pretty good despite the dodgy name. Not too far from you

nbt

Looks nice, might runt that past Mrs NBT. Just realised, I’m not sure what time we’ll be looking to eat other than “afternoon”, we’ll be at Martin Mere all day with friends so could be anytime from 4pm onwards depending on when we get to Wigab

nbt

bump for the morning crowd

tops5
    Free Member

The Ship Inn at Burscough (not far from M mere) does lovely grub – can recomend the steak pie with bacon flavoured pastry! 😀

nbt

oh my god that sounds awesome, but we need to go from Martin Mere to Wigan so traipsing all the way back might be a bit far…

Bunnyhop

Mrs NBT on the other hand has a more cultured palate and would prefer something with a little more panache and individuality.

How eloquently put, what he means I’m just fussy, with high standards.
    Mrs nbt

izakimak
    Free Member

The crown at the back of standish is quite good. Decent selection of cask beers and steaks cut to any size you want. You need to go past bradley hall trading estate and under the low bridge its there in front of you then.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

If you’re willing to drive out as far as Wrightington have a look at the high moor and the corner house.

nbt

I’m driving so I don’t care about good beer :S

chakaping
    Free Member

The crown at the back of standish is quite good.

+1

Or the nearby Olive Garden is a really friendly Italian with great food…
    http://ogstandish.co.uk/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘pub meal / restaurant in wigan?’ is closed to new replies.