• This topic has 44 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Rik.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • PSA: Titanium 456 Evo's
  • cardo

Oooh these look tasty available in Feb from On One. 10 year warranty too.

Titanuim hardtail bling.

andyl
    Free Member

I was just looking. Bit of a shame they went with 30.9 post though as the carbon frames all have 31.6 so existing owners with droppers would need new ones.

toys19
    Free Member

is it lighter than a normal 456?

andyl
    Free Member

one should bloomin hope so!

Rorschach
    Free Member

No replacable mech hanger 🙁

messiah
    Free Member

Hmmm?

Old-skool looking Ti dropouts and chainstay bottom bracket, plus the 3 piece seatstays makes it look very old fashioned. Would it have looked better if it was built more like this?

I might be interested if On-One ever post a geometry which shows bottom bracket height or alxe drop for the EVO frames… especially if there are any cheap ones with squint ISCG/brake bosses 😉

reggiegasket
    Free Member

where’s the geo?

c/mon… you can’t publish a £800 frame without the geo….

wrecker
    Free Member

where’s the geo?

c/mon… you can’t publish a £800 frame without the geo….
    +1

I’m not a big fan of on one, but this looks very very nice indeed. Good price too, at a time where manufacturers seem to think they can charge what they like for Ti frames. I may be coming around….

andyl
    Free Member

not rocket science guys: http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROO4561/on_one_456_evo_frame

Click the geometry tab 😉

messiah
    Free Member

That geometry for the 456 EVO does not show bottom bracket height or alex drop… which for me is important as I’ve had bikes with over high BB’s before and I not likey.

While we’re on the subject of ON-ONE and Planet-x geometry’s have you ever tried to compare two similar models? NONE of them are in the same format, all different places and all a miss match of metric and inches… conspiracy to bamboozle? Inneptitude? Historical?

br
    Free Member

not rocket science guys: http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROO4561/on_one_456_evo_frame

Click the geometry tab

That’s the steel version.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Click the geometry tab

That’s the steel version.

Yep, and the ad states ‘updated EVO geometry’

Whilst we’re at it, an ad for a £800 Ti frame without any indication of weight?

Rorschach
    Free Member

[brant]Heavier than carbon,lighter than steel.[/brant]

andyl
    Free Member

If I say the B word one more time he’ll probably appear and give you the BB height and weight etc 😀

And yes, it is hard to compare models on the on one site. But then it’s hard to compare models for all bikes, especially when you start adding different length forks and which brand due to different a-c lengths etc. I had an idea for some software to help with that but I can’t program for toffee.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

NONE of them are in the same format, all different places and all a miss match of metric and inches… conspiracy to bamboozle? Inneptitude? Historical

Nope, different frame builders will use different drawing packages. No-one at On One will think to convert it to a standard format as the info is there, and they have other things to do. Like reply to emails saying “where’s my EG frame..”

cozz
    Free Member

wait till they decide to do a Ti Fatty !!!

brant
    Free Member

Hello

17mm bb drop with 140 fork static
    Geometry same as 456 Evo. I will get it copied across. Been in meetings day and head up arse with Strathpuffer prep.

Thanks for understanding our oddness.

grtdkad

^^^ Wahay ^^^ Brant to the rescue 🙂

grtdkad

Frame weight?

br
    Free Member

Hello

Geometry same as 456 Evo. I will get it copied across. Been in meetings day and head up arse with Strathpuffer prep.

Thanks for understanding our oddness.

Says the man that couldn’t explain why my 20″ steel 456 had slightly different geometry to its replacement 20″ 456Ti – only discovered when I inserted the seatpost/seat and it was a slightly different angle…

terrahawk
    Free Member

Frame weight?

about 4 pounds is my completely-without-foundation guess.

chiefgrooveguru

That’s pretty low, especially compared to the Ragley Blue Pig / Mmmbop etc at 5mm. But hang on, how can it be -17mm with 140 static when it’s -11mm with 150 sagged? 150 sagged is shorter than 140 static so BB should be lower?

brant
    Free Member

That’s pretty low, especially compared to the Ragley Blue Pig / Mmmbop etc at 5mm. But hang on, how can it be -17mm with 140 static when it’s -11mm with 150 sagged? 150 sagged is shorter than 140 static so BB should be lower?

I will look into that. I remember it’s 5mm lower than the Ragleys. So some number is wrong somewhere.

hora
    Free Member

Ti frames are yesteryears news aren’t they? No longer a frame for life either.

fivespot
    Free Member

hora why would you want a frame for life ?……a month is long enough for you isn’t it 😀

hora
    Free Member

😀 I’d like to think the options their 😉

IHN

Ti frames are yesteryears news aren’t they?

Especially custom Chinese ones, eh? 😉

hora
    Free Member

Especially custom Chinese ones, eh?

No!

loughor
    Free Member

If you were between sizes, say 16″ and 18″, which size would you go for ? trying to write in the third person, so as to avoid clicking pre-order ! Thnx

messiah
    Free Member

On-One geometry oddities… Between the 16″ and the 18″ there is only 5mm in top tube length… and a whacking 51mm in seat-tube.

IMHO… 16’s always look RAD TO THE POWER OF GNAR and 18’s always have mudguards and barends and computers and crap all over them 🙄

one_bad_mofo

No replacable mech hanger

Why would you need one anyway? If you smack the hanger just bend it back (or get a shop/framebuilder to do it for you). Been there done that, not a problem.

one_bad_mofo

Why would you need one anyway? If you smack the hanger just bend it back (or get a shop/frame builder to do it for you). Been there done that, not a problem.

loughor
    Free Member

Thanks Messiah. I’m in Hong Kong, and don’t know anyone with an on one to try unfortunately. Anybody else assist please ?

patriotpro
    Free Member

one_bad_mofo – Member

Why would you need one anyway? If you smack the hanger just bend it back (or get a shop/frame builder to do it for you). Been there done that, not a problem.

What bag to carry “shop/frame builder”? Must have 3-litre-bladder…

messiah
    Free Member

Sorry to be a bit cryptic loughor but if your between a 16″ and an 18″ On-One buy the 16″ as the 18″ is hardly any bigger.

messiah
    Free Member

Is this one?

Perhaps I’ll retract any comments I may have made about it being “ugly”.

Rik
    Free Member

Anybody got one? what’s it like?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Perhaps I’ll retract any comments I may have made about it being “ugly”

Thats because its a 16″ the 18″ will look like a gate.

loughor
    Free Member

Rik, I’ve got one love it. I did open a thread with a few pics, sorry no time to search at the minute

messiah
    Free Member

This thread

and luckliy its a 16″ so it looks good I Ache 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Titanium 456 Evo's’ is closed to new replies.