Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • PSA – Reverbs with bleed kit for £150…
  • cp

This may have been done, so apologies if so, but Merlin have got 2012 Reverbs with bleed kit for £150 in certain sizes…

http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/mtb-parts/saddles-posts-1/seatposts/2012-rock-shox-reverb-seatpost.html

nbt

MODS, delete this topic till I get the clearance to buy mine!

brant
    Free Member

Hah. That’s where they ended up 🙂

weeksy

Grrrrr i want the remote on the LHS on a 31.6….. i’m not paying more than everyone else.

LoCo
    Free Member

Where’d they come from originally Brant? 😉 Sure Fishers would be v. interested 😯

That’s a mental price 👿

EDIT: they’re only the 100m drop ones so not so bad, The 125mm arn’t that cheap, can match the price on those for posts in stock.

greeble
    Free Member

Grrrrr i want the remote on the LHS on a 31.6.

buy a right hand one and put the lever under the bar IMHO its a far far better layout…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/reverb-remote-mounting#post-3555450

hp_source

Why now…… just after I’ve been on holiday!!!! d@mn you Merlin! 😥

wwaswas

The only frame I have with the right size seat tube doesn’t have enough seatpost showing to fit one. *phew*

grum
    Free Member

It’s ok nbt – I grant you the clearance to buy one.

timidwheeler

Anyone know what the seatpost size of a Giant Talon is? Boyfriend needs a Christmas present.

weeksy

likely to be 30.9. the other Giants are anyway.

fathomer

If only I knew what frame I wanted 👿

oli82
    Free Member

wahey – the only 125mm very cheap fits my frame! ordered

Scamper
    Free Member

Is there anything which should determine which side the remote goes, or it is just preference? I presume running 1×9, LHS is best?

weeksy

Oh sodding hell…. i ordered the wrong one !!!! Because of talking about Giant frames above i ordered a 30.9

I’ve now cancelled that…

However i’m not sure a 355mm one will be long enough in the new Spearfish frame. I had a 350 on the Giant and was too short…. but the Spearfish is a large, the Giant was a medium…. I’m going to have to risk it and wait until i build the Spearfish and hope there’s some left !!!!

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Few, the Reverb that has just arrived for me from Germany for £180 (posted and with bleed kit), is out of stock on Merlin and would have cost me £249.99 there, thank goodness for that. I still have a bargain.

Liftman

Phew ?

bigbadbob
    Free Member

Few… Phew… Shmew… Whatever… I still have a Reverb at much cheapness. Just have to try and fit it to the bike for a big ride this weekend.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Are these refurbs or something Brant?

I notice the picture has the silver collar, but the description specifically states 2012 version which I understood to have the black collar.

Kryton57

Oh no, they have one that fits my bike..

*awaits Brants response* cmon cmon cmon are they ok to buy?

timidwheeler

Cheers Weeksy.

brant
    Free Member

All completely pukka. I didn’t buy as they were 100mm. Good price though.

Sodajim

Cheap 125 mm just dispactched with 10 mins of ordering!!

LoCo
    Free Member

Ah, fair enough, all clear now. 😉

nosedive
    Free Member

very tempting, what the hell is MMX though? would I need an SRAM mech to bolt it to or something?

alfabus
    Free Member

mmx means it has the matchmaker adaptor included – you don’t have to use it though.

nosedive
    Free Member

cheers alfabus

glasgowdan
    Free Member

If anyone can confirm if these are the black collar versions that would be handy…

oli82
    Free Member

It’s just arrived! It is indeed black collar

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sure it’s been asked before but that’s the distance from the rails to the bottom of the collar on the 100mm version?

danielgroves
    Free Member

So tempting.

ojom
    Free Member

What amuses me is that it is cheaper for me to buy from a german retailer over the UK distributor.

tracknicko
    Free Member

dammit chris. the mrs will go mental if she finds out about this purchase!

bigbadbob
    Free Member

thebikechain – it is not called ‘Ripp-off Britain’ for nothing…

Rich
    Free Member

Onzadog – Member
    Sure it’s been asked before but that’s the distance from the rails to the bottom of the collar on the 100mm version?

I read on another forum that it is 165mm for the 100mm reverb, and 190mm for the 125mm one.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers.

Rich
    Free Member

Also go through Topcashback to get almost another £5 off.
    🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just measured my exposed seatpost to rails as 200mm. I can have a 5″ drop!!!

brickwizard
    Free Member

Why so many diferent prices!
    No idea what one to go for, all I know is mine is a 30.9! Take it the 100mm one drops 100mm and 125mm one drops 125??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Reverbs with bleed kit for £150…’ is closed to new replies.