• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Merak.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • PSA: Rapha outlet store
  • cinnamon_girl

Just a heads up that the outlet store in Shepton Mallet is selling some Team Sky short sleeved jerseys for £25 each. Sizes as of this morning were ES, S, M, L and XXL. Ladies version available too.

Bib tights (above knee) Team Sky were £40. Again ladies version available.

Happy shopping. 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

https://www.facebook.com/FullProKitW

You have been warned! 🙂

cinnamon_girl

😀 Funnily enough when I told the boy he didn’t really want one but at £25 he changed his mind. Nowt in his size though! They also had the black/pink jerseys, forgot to mention that in my original post.

cinnamon_girl

Just to add that the store is located in a rather odd outlet centre. A lovely building with character but the premium shops stock some right tat!

To save the day Aldi was nearby. 🙂

eskay

https://www.facebook.com/FullProKitW

You have been warned! 

I never get that one, why sneer at people because of what they are wearing.

They are riding a bike and that is great regardless of what they are wearing.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOL at XL sold out

EDIT NO LOLs at the bike hateon that FB page. Neanderthals!

cinnamon_girl

cynic-al – do you have experience of Rapha sizing? My very skinny, long limbed 6’4″ boy needs either XL or XXL.

cynic-al
    Free Member

No, just a wee joke.

hora
    Free Member

Does that mean the roads will be full of TEAM riders?

Or..abit like the cycling equivillent of Man U fans wearing a Man U shirt out and about 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Bib tights (above knee)

Viz top tip… Save on keyboard wear by just calling them shorts, like everyone else in the world!

I’m confused Al – why are you allowed an implicit sneer, but the tongue in cheek FPKW is somehow ‘wrong’?

cinnamon_girl

You’re nitpicking njee! Shorts are baggies, everyone knows that. 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

tongue in cheek FPKW

It is?

First post I saw was a load of drivers wanting to run over a cyclist for not using a bike path.

TiRed

I have my full Sky Adidas WWF kit (black and green). I even ride in it occasionally. It’s signed by Sir Dave. Reminds me of standing in Chartres waiting for Wiggins to confirm Britain’s first win in the tour. What’s not to like? I don’t ride a Pinarello and don’t own anything from Rapha except a sticky bottle.

njee20
    Free Member

You’re nitpicking njee! Shorts are baggies, everyone knows that.

No, I’m fairly certain that “bib shorts” is a vastly more common term than “above knee tights”… 😉

First post I saw was a load of drivers wanting to run over a cyclist for not using a bike path.

Read the following few posts – more typical. That road rage one is a slightly odd post, I suspect irony is lost in the posting, it’s pretty clear from the rest of it that its tongue in cheek.

mrblobby
    Free Member

TiRed in his full WWF gear…

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ll poke the odd LOL at a fatty in team kit, but its not that interesting/funny to make a FB page out of.

drlex
    Free Member

premium shops stock some right tat!

Outlet is the brainchild of Roger Saul – the former owner of and occasional designer for Mulberry, so plenty of ‘aspirational’ brands.
    Being local-ish, I’ve been a few times, but not yet bought kit. M and L sizes are less frequent on the rails.

TiRed

Genuine LOL! Actually, my old white club is in pieces now 😉 Anyone riding a bike in any kit is fine by me. But it must match, of course (it’s The Rules).

oldfart

I deliver next door saw what was basically a hi viz vest on a rail by the door £50 ! Seriously ? Achingly hip staff selling overpriced made in China gear sums it up

eskay

If you are lucky with your timing, the Mulberry store occasionally has a massive clear out. I bought a pair of jeans there once that were the best I ever had, lasted for years and got them for peanuts.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Is it the Sky string vest stuff?

cinnamon_girl

FunkyDunc – if you wanted string-style short sleeved jerseys, there wasn’t many sizes left.

Edit: Rab C Nesbitt wears the string vest betterer.

Merak

Very much this;

I never get that one, why sneer at people because of what they are wearing.
    They are riding a bike and that is great regardless of what they are wearing.

Pertinent; This quote always makes me glad

HG Wells ‘Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race’

Judge less, ride more.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Rapha outlet store’ is closed to new replies.