• This topic has 58 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by wl.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • PSA: Orange Five
  • johnw1984
    Free Member

Looks like they’re selling pretty cheap at Start Fitness

http://www.startfitness.co.uk/cycle/bikes/mountain-bikes/orange-2017-five-s-mens-mountain-bike-various-colours-ofivesmy17.html

I’ve still never ridden one. Really want to test one as I’d be tempted for £2099!

dirkpitt74

You can also get an extra 10% off with the code SAVE10, so another £209 off the price!

johnw1984
    Free Member

Now I really want to demo one! 🙂

zippykona

Glad I’ve already spent my money. That’s totally the wrong bike for me but I would have been tempted at that price.

wl
    Free Member

Got one (different spec) and it’s absolutely mint. Most versatile bike I’ve owned so far in 20+ years of riding. Also the most fun. I nearly went Alpine 6 but the Five is stupidly capable for a 140mm ‘trail’ bike. I ride natural and cheeky trails in Calderdale, the Pennines, the Lakes and annually in the Alps. This PSA is a bargain.

alexpalacefan

Damn you!
    Must resist…

APF

chakaping
    Free Member

Some blingy Segments on there at a big reduction too, for those who prefer proper sized wheels.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Is 2k for a bike with a ‘budget’ fork, slx and no dropper considered good value?

Yes I know it’s a third off, but just goes to show how ludicrously priced it was in the first place.

That said, if you are after an orange then I agree it’s a bargain ripe for a few upgrades as it appears to now be on oar with other brands.

wl
    Free Member

It’s a decent, sensible spec that will last. Frame only is around £1,500+, so it seems pretty fair to me, even at full price. Handmade frame too (not that that interests me personally – I just really like the way it rides and the fact that it won’t need much looking after).

zilog6128

cracking deal on a great-spec Segment, £2879 with the code. Good thing they don’t do 0% on sale bikes 🙂

EDIT: actually some nice discounts on a lot of bikes, Santa Cruz Tallboy with Eagle & ENVE Wheels for £5k

zer0cool
    Free Member

If they had Medium five in Orange I think Id have to have one. An Orange just has to be Orange for me though.
    Great PSA, + code deal.

Kryton57

There’s a similarly priced Intense at Merlin.. just sayin’

dirkpitt74

If I wasn’t moving house….

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Do 5’s still suffer like a pogo stick uphill or have they got better since the original bike?

Junkyard
    Free Member

shocks have got better but it wont pedal like a linkage bike

wl
    Free Member

Mine pedals just fine. It’s bollocks that Oranges don’t climb technical stuff: you just need the right set-up and to know how to ride them.

nigew
    Free Member

What size have you got Will? Nige

wl
    Free Member

nigew – medium. I’m borderline medium/large at 5′ 10″ but always prefer to go small. With a 35mm stem, reach is still long enough for very long Lakeland climbs and descending silly steep stuff, and the wheelbase is just long enough too. I demoed a Stage 5 and Alpine 6 – both great and both more fashionable right now – but it’s the Five that suits me best for 90% of my riding.

nigew
    Free Member

Cheers. Medium should be fine! Now where did I put that 0% credit card offer 😉

Northwind

Going all 29er next year so they’re clearing out old stock

wl
    Free Member

No worries, nige. Shout if you need more info. I’ll look out for you on Calderdale’s trails.

nigew
    Free Member

Will do, I think we are in HB this Wed, i’ll be on my Bfe, the Mondraker Foxy is dead 🙁

wl
    Free Member

Evening rides? Can’t make this Weds but maybe another time, or a weekend ride. Anyway, enjoy the Five if you get one. At £2k I reckon it’s a steal. Mint bike for round here – sorted geometry and super reliable.

momo

Same price at Sunset cycles but a wider range of sizes and 0% too.

zer0cool
    Free Member

Is this just claering the 2017 stock? Sureley the Five cant go 29 next year when Orange have 29er ranges anyway.
    I hope 27.5 doesnt go the way of the 26er

cb

Sunset have the Intense Recluse at a very tempting price…

chakaping
    Free Member

Is this just claering the 2017 stock? Sureley the Five cant go 29 next year when Orange have 29er ranges anyway.

Yes, I think Northwind was just teasing.

wl
    Free Member

Perhaps Five sales have slowed now the 2018 bikes aren’t far off. And the Stage 5 is new competition for it too – getting great reviews and more fashionable right now. I tried one – it was very good, but I still wanted 27.5. Neither is better or worse, just different.

fifeandy
    Free Member

£1500 bike with a £1400 headtube badge.
    Total bargain for £2099 🙄

zer0cool
    Free Member

Even better at £1889, Sunset have the SAVE10 promo too, and now have 1 less Atomic Orange in Medium.
    I’ll have to buy something for the wife now with the money saved…

devash
    Free Member

That Sunset Cycles deal with 0% finance is a steal. The 10% discount code basically buys you a dropper. Ah, must resist!

chestrockwell

Sunset are great to deal with too. Had a Segment and p7 off them now.

chestrockwell

£1500 bike with a £1400 headtube badge.
    Total bargain for £2099

Of course it is.

salad_dodger

Can you use 10% off voucher together with 0% finance at Sunset?

johnw1984
    Free Member

Would love to test a Stage 5 next year to see if I love or hate Orange 🙂

Fancied a 29er for a while now, but I want to test a few.

chestrockwell

Not sure about 10% with 0%. You can’t on c2w bikes.

nigew
    Free Member

No, you can’t use the code and 0%, I’ve just tried. Sunset have changed the price too

Goldigger
    Free Member

Orange 5 frame is normally £1650.
    Complete bike for £2099 with the 10% discount £1890.
    If you bought the frame For £1650 another £240 you get a complete bike!

dirtydog
    Free Member

shocks have got better but it wont pedal like a linkage bike

Don’t listen to this man ^ he doesn’t know what he’s talking about

chestrockwell

I got my Segment from them last year for just over 2k. Came with current 1×11 slx, upgraded wheels and rear shock. Frame is 1600 so bargain in my opinion. Oh, and it has a custom colour.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Orange Five’ is closed to new replies.