Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • PSA – Dura Ace C35 Road Wheels – £999
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

So there have been a number of threads about road wheels and on several occassions I’ve made a strong recommendation for the DA9000 C35 on the basis that you can get them for under £1000 and they are excellent.

So here is CRC selling them for £999

dirtyrider
    Free Member

😆 worst PSA ever

cynic-al
    Free Member

can I put a downer on this thread by asking WTF would anyone with a bike worth less than £5K want with these?

Other than as a “stiffer through the corner and saves 100gm” etc upgrade.

njee20
    Free Member

Sure they’re good, but… Y’know… £1000 on some alu/carbon clinchers that aren’t deep enough to have any real aero advantage, and aren’t that light…?

Aaahm oot.

DT78
    Free Member

They are £900 on rosebikes. Probably be found cheaper searching round other german sites.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Alright you lot keep your cocks on!

bob_summers

If I had that money to spend on some factory clinchers, it would go on Shamals and pocket the change. I can’t see what carbon brings to the party at 1500g a pair.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

If going down the shimano clincher route then the RS81 C35 have the same rims with Ultegra level hubs so a bit heavier. But much, much cheaper.

geetee1972
    Free Member

They aren’t the same rims. The DA rims are lighter by about 200g.

rascal
    Free Member

Wow. A bargain 🙄

geetee1972
    Free Member

Well I think they are. I’ve been uinsg them for two years and I think they are great as do many of the reviews you can find and they came highly recommended from one of the main guys at Condor.

So you know, if you don’t agree, that’s fine, don’t buy them. No need to be so bloody surly about it.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

did you actually pay a grand for them? 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yes I actually paid a grand for them and have covered about 10,000km on them through all four seasons.

Jesus wept…..

geetee1972
    Free Member

Tell you what, come out for a ride with me. I can let you try them so you can see for yourself (and let you get prawned in the process) 😀

DT78
    Free Member

chucking the gauntlet down! lets have a race off 🙂

TiRed

Nice wheels at a reasonable price. Too similar to my Giant pslr aeros, and too heavy to be my next race wheels – see ARC carbon tubulars. But yes Al, they would look nice on my Defy now it has DA. Too bad it is sporting some hand made CXP33s on DA hubs.

And I prefer alloy braking surfaces and a small weight penalty is worth it for the ability to stop.

cynic-al
    Free Member

geetee1972 – Member
    Tell you what, come out for a ride with me. I can let you try them so you can see for yourself (and let you get prawned in the process)

No problem.

10am Sunday by the Youth Club?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

well this is going well

geetee1972
    Free Member

You try to be nice and look what happens 🙄

CynicAl can we make it 6.30am. I’m shagging your mum at 10am.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

climbingkev
    Free Member

😛

bikebouy
    Free Member

i’ve got a pair of those C35’s, hanging in the shed.
    😛

Teetosugars
    Free Member

geetee1972
    Free Member

On reflection in the morning, this actually turned out to be quite funny.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes, yes it was.
    Ta 😆

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Dura Ace C35 Road Wheels – £999’ is closed to new replies.