Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • PSA: Dirty Harry Box Set Blu-Ray – £3.49
  • MrGrim

Dirty Harry box set on Blu-Ray for £3.49 with free delivery at CD Wow.

showerman
    Free Member

gone for a bit harry for 3.49 think you are only getting the boxes for that price discs are exra
    Would you pay £41 for this rubbish
    http://www.cdwow.com/blu-ray/STARSHIP-TROOPERS-1-3-BOX-SET/dp/pc/3807435#bc=2053

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Nice one MrGrim, cheers.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

that bad eh ?

MrGrim

Must be 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I'm wondering if not enough people have bought Blu-Ray players to support sales of the discs ?

theflatboy
    Free Member

got to be a typo. still, worth a try!

sc-xc

Ordered, thanks. Seems silly not to at that price

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

its worth a try, i got a G-shock watch from amazon about 2 years ago because of a typo, £23

psychle
    Free Member

that's silly… I don't even own a Blu-ray drive yet and I just ordered the set… hopefully the price is honoured: you gotta ask yourself one question… "Do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?" 😉

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Same here! Been watching em round at a mates on his HD projector though 😀
    I only ever bought around 5 DVDs but Bluray is so much better that I've suddenly got interested in building a collection.

lodious
    Free Member

Nice one…wonder if they will actually ship it?

theflatboy
    Free Member

got my order confirmation from them, so fingers crossed!

lister-hooded
    Free Member

CHEERS 🙂

Order placed…

Fingers crossed for delivery

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Cheers Mr Grim!

Order placed and confirmed via PayPal.

Lets see who gets it delivered!!

woody2000

I must be nuts, I've ordered too and I don't have a blu-ray player either! If money has gone from PayPal account, is that binding now?

petrieboy

no blueray here, but if it shows up it'll go straight on ebay!!

zaskar
    Free Member

Nice one Mr Grim and thanks for sharing.

Anyone remember when CRC had wrong prices for a top end bike and then had to email us saying it was mistake?

Fingers crossed though!

Thing is I don't have a Blue Ray player yet!

sc-xc

Refund 🙁

lodious
    Free Member

Dear…..

Yesterday you placed an order for the Dirty Harry Collection on Blu-ray. Our supplier relayed incorrect pricing information for this item which was reflected by the reduced price displayed on CD WOW! Our supplier has told us they are unable to honour this title at the reduced price, so unfortunately we have cancelled your order and are processing a refund today.

Let us assure you that we at CD WOW! take great care in making sure the prices reflected on the site are correct and that all products ordered can be supplied, however occasionally there is an error and we sincerely apologise to you for that.

We have attached a gift voucher for £1.25 which can be redeemed at any time in the next 12 months and can be used on any item on CD WOW! including sale items.

Best Regards,
    The CD WOW Team

showerman
    Free Member

yep bouced back £1.25 gv. i always thought that up to the point of sale they can change the price or withdraw the producrt BUT once the money was taken then a legal contract was formed and they had to supply it at that price.

psychle
    Free Member

boooo… refund here as well… wonder if there's any way to hold them to the sale?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yeah same here 😕

showerman
    Free Member

cheapest i can find it now is here just an extra £26 http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=265060&WT.mc_id=101689

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Same here.

Agree with Showerman though:

I always thought that up to the point of sale they can change the price or withdraw the product BUT once the money was taken then a legal contract was formed and they had to supply it at that price.

Hmmm… Might investigate that…

Anyone else have similar thoughts?

ski
    Free Member

I guess they will have an errors and omissions clause somewhere that will cover them for just this type of event, not sure what the legal position is though, would be nice to know.

zaskar
    Free Member

Dam it's CRC all over again.

£1.25 voucher though! lol

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

I say we nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

hmmm, very sceptical. I too got the email with the refund. I find it all a bit dubious that the email came with an attached image of Dirty Harry, all seemed a bit staged to me. Surely if it was a genuine mistake then someone would send out a email as soon as the issue was highlighted and not had time to make it 'showy'
    I think this is simply very clever marketing. They now have your details – address/email etc and will no doubt shortly be bombarding you with endless crap. Hopefully i'm wrong, but I can guarantee that somewhere in the smallprint there will be a clause so they will not have to honour an incorrect price.
    Barstewards…if something looks to good be true….

psychle
    Free Member

yep, it was always too good to be true, but one can hope 🙂 I also am a bit sceptical of it, you're right on the 'professional' looking nature of the 'apology' email, doesn't look right to me either 👿

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

From CDWow's T&Cs page:

If an error is discovered in the price of the item(s) you have ordered, we will inform you and issue a full refund as soon as possible. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for an item which was advertised at an incorrect price, if the item(s) has been charged and not despatched we will cancel and refund your order.

dooosuk
    Free Member

I always thought that up to the point of sale they can change the price or withdraw the product BUT once the money was taken then a legal contract was formed and they had to supply it at that price.

This is true in a shop…once you've paid it's yours…however i don't believe it's the case on the internet due to the automated nature of it.

In a shop a cashier has the chance to spot the mistake.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

They haven't bothered to change the price on their site yet.

showerman
    Free Member

Had a idea it could be a bit of marketing but it was worth a punt. yep web still shows wrong price so they are still fish for new custom. do not think i will be using their £1.25 though.

sofaking
    Free Member

no refund emails here so far

petrieboy

almost feels like its been a ploy to get you to spend a meaningless discount voucher….i've sent an e-mail to that effect.

MrGrim

Sorry folks, just got back home after a couple of days away. I got the cancellation email and refund as well. It was worth a try.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

zaskar
    Free Member

Is it me or has the price dropped?

It's a bloody scam! glad I used my credit card for insured against this crap!

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Dirty Harry Box Set Blu-Ray – £3.49’ is closed to new replies.