Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • PSA XT Disc Brake at Merlins !!
  • jam-bo

and a couple of yellow things which I think are hose cutters.

they are to hold the hose in a vice while you push the barbs in.

mrblobby
    Free Member

they are to hold the hose in a vice while you push the barbs in.

Oooh, thanks. Who knew there was a thing for that.

stevede
    Free Member

Just an add on PSA, I shopped around for zee brakes last night and bike discount had them for £123 for the pair, I thought that was a bargain, really impressed by them on my other bike so I sold my hopes and got another set for the Five.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I got mine cheaper from germany a few years ago. Just recently got one from Planet x for £39.99 with finned pads.

convert

I went for these – arrived next day. Superb.

However, Don’t do what I did. I mounted them on the bike today and whilst obviously the cables were way too long gave them a quick squeeze – cue mineral oil everywhere from under the rubber caps on the levers. Shimano had obviously shipped them euro style with the long rear on the right and Merlin had opened and switched but only just caught the threads and not properly tightened (assuming the customer would have to shorten and bleed anyway I guess. Very messy.

granny_ring

Just recently got one from Planet x for £39.99 with finned pads.

How’s that, showing as £54?

jam-bo

just got a set for £90 using one of the 10 of 100 merlin vouchers they seem to be sending out at the moment.

Sundayjumper

But you had to buy something else to get it over £100 for the voucher to work. So maybe the brakes were still £99.95 but the other stuff you had to buy was £10 less than normal 😉

jam-bo

it was only £4 and I need them anyway.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

But you had to buy something else to get it over £100 for the voucher to work. So maybe the brakes were still £99.95 but the other stuff you had to buy was £10 less than normal

search for cheapest item they do to push it from 99.95 to 100.00, get an energy gel or something 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘PSA XT Disc Brake at Merlins !!’ is closed to new replies.