Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • PSA – Aldi cycling kit this Sunday – incl Garmin and Muc Off
  • MoreCashThanDash

Apologies if done already

http://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sun-12-apr/

Anyone else got a broken “url” button up there?

bigbloke
    Free Member

Those gloves look very very like Endura Full Monty, I may have a nose. Cheers.

MoreCashThanDash

Given what great VFM the winter gloves are, I will get a set for each of the family. The jersey might be worth a look as well. I’m sorted for socks….

Running stuff later in the week as well.

Junkyard
    Free Member

anyone tried the shoes i need a sort of spring /autumn set as have full winter an full summer

Are they worth a punt ?

all their other stuff i have owned has been fab

Woodentop
    Free Member

Is the Edge 200 ok for a budget GPS ?
    Any idea if it would be the same model / version that’s being sold on CRC / Wiggle etc … RRP £110? Or is it an older / basic version ?

Cheers

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Bit odd, surely it should be summer stuff now, not winter?

BristolPablo
    Free Member

The Edge 200 is a great bit of kit, there is only one model/version. I love mine and will replace it with another one soon. It has all I need, speed, distance, time moving, height gain, calories used (though thats a bit random), the only thing it doesnt do is cadence and power but then I know that I dont do enough of the former to generate much of the latter so ho hum. You can set an auto pause too which is quite handy if there are lots of traffic lights on the route!

You can follow GPX routes with it and it gives good, reasonably early directions but obviously thats dependent on the route. Its the old style “breadcrumb” method but it works and has yet to get me lost on numerous self made and downloaded routes. The rubber seal on the back isnt great and mine broke off so I just use some electrical tape to protect the cable port. It does strava etc and the garmin software isnt bad but looks clunky these days.

Shop around though, Rose had them for £72 recently, Bike Discount.de were a little more and they are only £80 from wiggle

MoreCashThanDash

Edge 200 is a good basic GPS. Only got rid of mine when a mate gave me his 500

isitafox
    Free Member

Might try a pair of the shoes and probably pick up a few pairs of gloves

miketually
    Free Member

If you get in quick, you can get 20% off the Edge 200 at Halfords this weekend, which makes it just a tenner more than Aldi (and you get a tenners worth of SiS stuff free with it). Worth the tenner to have a bit more peace of mind about returning it if there’s an issue, I’d say. Plus, you avoid the Aldi bike scrum.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Will they have the stock out this evening before they close?. Off out riding tomorrow but want some gloves 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Didcot branch opens Thursday. Hoping they’ll have some bike stuff kept for the launch.

will
    Free Member

The running stuff looks good too. Love me an Aldi bike/running special buy.

seadog101

Grrrrr, once again, bargains ballot, and in a foreign land seadog101 is. Every bloody time!!!!!!!!

andygreener

Seadog, what do you need if I visit one?

duckman

JY; shoes aren’t great,I found them to be a bit of an odd shape,and I have normal shared feet.

spyke85
    Free Member

Any issues with Garmins, and you deal direct with Garmin UK so no involving Aldi

codybrennan
    Free Member

No Edge 200’s in when I hit the store this morning (I was first across the threshold)- wonder if they put them out last night? They weren’t on the instore posters, but are still on the website.

Otherwise it was all a bit mleh- bought some gloves and that was it.

easygirl

Aldi are excellent in dealing with returns in my experience anyway

isitafox
    Free Member

I’ve picked up some gloves, shoes and socks. There was one tray of the various muc off stuff which was already empty by 10:05 and that was their entire stock!

bowser538
    Free Member

Work stand is good for price
    Use mine all time
    Decent quality

poly
    Free Member

Codybrennan, they have quite a strict policy about not putting stuff out the night before. Not every store gets everything on the list. And if there was only one or two the staff might have nabbed them first!

Tracey

We went in a couple of Thursdays ago for one of the Garmin satnavs for campervans. Got in the store for eight and had already made enquiries of where they would be the day before. Was told to go straight to checkout to get one as they arnt on display. Was first in the queue and managed to get one of the four that had been delivered. By the time we had paid, a few minutes later, there were quite a few disgruntled shoppers who missed out.

cookeaa

Junkyard – lazarus
    anyone tried the shoes i need a sort of spring /autumn set as have full winter an full summer
    Are they worth a punt ?
    all their other stuff i have owned has been fab

I’ve had two different sorts of shoes from aldi, and the ones with the same sort of sole as those currently on the site fell to bits, the others were great but they don’t seem to be doing them anymore… Steer clear IMO, all the other kit is great VFM though…

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I know the manager in the local Aldi. He says sometimes the small stores only get 1 or 2 of the special but items. I was asking about the rechargeable drill with lithium battery. He said they had only been sent 1.
    Expect this could be the case with the Garmins.

jekkyl

You have to ask for the garmin’s as they’re locked away. I’ve just had one from the Archer Road, Sheffield store. Got some lube, a neck warmer and some gloves too, the gloves seem decent quality for the money.

thejesmonddingo

Been this morning,opened at 10,all Garmins gone by 10.03,lucky I didn’t want one,I got a rucksack ,good for the money,just the right size as a day bag for me,glove and “Buffs” also good for the money,got a couple of pairs.

nairnster
    Free Member

Inverness store had about 20 workstand, a few of the other items but not in big quantities.

Picked up a stand, some muc off, gloves tor the fiancee, a pair of the trousers, and a couple pairs of socks.

Wally

Garmins all gone from my local. Just gloves and oil for me.

Alex

Gloves (last two XL pairs), socks, buff, muc-oiff all in our store at midday.Work stands look good value for £25 if you need one.

cp

At least one Garmin left in Sheffield langsett road

And the gloves are very decent. Good fit.

tthew

There are Garmins galore at Northwich. Muc off stuff nearly all gone though.

lunge

There was one in the stourbridge store, it’s not there anymore! Not 100% sure I need it but I felt like I had to at that price.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Gosh, no wonder the trails were so quiet this morning- you’d all gone shopping!

MoreCashThanDash

Managed to squeeze in my first club ride in *cough* years this morning and still get a jersey and a set of gloves in every size, so should be a pair for all the family!

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

Muc Off is £3-99 for 500mls at Aldi or £6-99 a litre at halfords.

singlespeedstu

Still got some Garmins in the Netherton store.

natrix
    Free Member

The muc-off didn’t seem to be much of a bargain. Got myself some gloves though.

cjr61

Halfords had two bottles of muc off cleaner for a tenner last week. Chuck in a BC discount and only £4.50/L….bargain!

jobro
    Free Member

It was a bit mad in Exeter Aldi. I think I’ve stumbled onto their busiest shopping day. Took 25 mins just to get out of the car park!
    But I got myself a Garmin 200 and have already used it today and downloaded to Strava. Works fine and provides all the information I need at the moment.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Aldi cycling kit this Sunday – incl Garmin and Muc Off’ is closed to new replies.