Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Proving previous no-claims bonus on car insurance
  • GJP
    Free Member

Has anyone had problems with this when switching car insurers. I have recently switched from Zurich to Norwich Union and NU are being a complete pain in the ass as far as I can tell

They first off, and quite reasonably, asked for proof of NCD in the form of a renewal notice from Zurich which I sent them. They then send me a letter saying thanks for proof of your NCD but it is not sufficient proof despite being exactly what they asked for. I speak to them and they say ignore the letter everything is OK – so I think fine no worries.

I have now just received a futher letter asking for further proof of NCD and when I call them again the guy in the Indian call centre says their NCD team still require further proof so they have basically overidden the advice I was given by customer services previously on the phone. I am told there is no way on earth I can speak directly to the NCD team they don’t have phones and can only communicate through the post.

I think the issue is that they are after confirmed proof of my NCD at the end of my previous policy and not when the renewal notice was sent out so I have now asked Zurich for further proof and they seem OK with providing it.

I am just not getting a very warm feeling with NU it took me 3 follow phone calls after taking out the policy to actually get them to send me my insurance policy; and somewhat worringly they did not really seem to understand why it was important for me to have a written statement of my car insurance rather than being happy to be told don’t worry your details are on our system!

So, are NU pretty crap as I have never really had any problems with insurers before. I just don’t have the time and energy to be chasing them up on the phone every few days.

Will this simply resolve itself if/when Zurich re-issue a statement providing details of my NCD?

NU were about £300 cheaper than Zurich and probably £150 cheaper than some other major insurers so I don’t simply want to give up on them – or it is a case of you get what you pay for. Know a couple of people I work with who have had nothing but problems with Admiral – I thought NU would be OK so didn’t really hesitate to switch

Tracey

Standard practice, when you cancelled the old policy you should have requested proof of no claims, reason they wont accept renewal notice is that you could have had an accident between the renewal notice been issued and the expiry date of your old policy

Tracey

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Proving previous no-claims bonus on car insurance’ is closed to new replies.