Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Proud dad content :-)
  • warton
    Free Member

20 minutes was all it took for Warton Junior to go from balance to Pedal bike, chuffed to bits. he’s three 🙂

rab5474
    Free Member

Same age as my boy and also went from the rothan to the cnoc this xmas, i was amazed how quick he was cycling on his own ( half hour or so). My wife has now accepted that spending that kind of money on a kids bike was justified. So much so that she is now wanting a pink rothan for our daughter, and telling all her friends about balance bikes. Well done to your boy.

marko75
    Free Member

Wow – fantastic!

fadda

ORSM!

Good job, Warton jnr!

mamadirt
    Free Member

😀 Hi-five little guy!!

tonyg2003

Good job. Whitely bay seafront? We were walking on the beach yesterday and there were many new bikes/scooters plus proud parents on the seafront. It was “bracing”!

kevj
    Free Member

Well done Warton jnr! Daddy Warton, it’s a brilliant feeling isn’t it?
    My four year learned on his first attempt (I’d gradually moved his stabilisers up with him knowing). I have that moment on video.

ruffride
    Free Member

Yeh awesome my first son did it just after his second birthday he’s a nutta now

augustuswindsock

Way hey little Wharton, next job, go and rip your Dad’s legs off!!! ; )

warton
    Free Member

Good spot tonyg! Was down again today, I think he needs a bigger gear, he was flying

iamtheresurrection

Some of my son’s first rides were along that same spot.

The only heart in the mouth moment came when, as I was taking photos from a little distance behind, he sees a dog and panicked heading straight for the wall. In that a panic (he also 3), he didn’t pull the brakes and hit the wall at enough speed to endo, and I had a brief moment where I thought he was going to go over the wall. In reality, he was probably miles away from that happening but I did feel like a pretty poor parent at that point…

For those who don’t know it, the drop on the other side is about 10-12ft…

lister

I learnt to ride there, about 33 years ago 🙂
    Is the Rendevous still open?

Want to sell the Rothan? 😉 I have a godson in need…

matt_outandabout

Kids on bikes rock. 8)

dannyh
    Free Member

I had exactly the same thing with my daughter. She’d been riding a balance bike for ages, but when she rode it all the way down our gently sloping garden with her knees together on the wooden frame (like a moto gp) we decided it was time to give the pedal bike a go. Tried (stupidly) stabilisers to start with, but she just couldn’t get over the ‘tipping’ when leaning the bike to steer.

Stabilisers off, first run down the garden she nails it! And through a narrow gap in a trellis thing as well. By the end of the afternoon (in the summer) she was pedalling up to the top of the rise as well.

Our lad is not three until April and is a demon on his balance bike. No fear, though. I arrived home on evening in the summer, and knowing they would be in the garden I went straight round the side of the house. As I opened the gate and looked up the garden I saw him flying through the air horizontal to the ground. He’d clipped his bars on the frame of the swing trying to slalom it. There was a sort of ‘oooooooofff’ noise as he landed, but he actually didn’t stop at all, just straight back to his feet and back on the bike.

It is one of those things that Dads are supposed to do with their kids, riding bikes and having little crashes, it is so much fun and very rewarding.

richpips
    Free Member

Nice one!

That kid top right is jealous. 😉

bruders338
    Free Member

This is awesome.

Congratulations and welcome to the world of freedom

warton
    Free Member

Want to sell the Rothan? I have a godson in need…

sorry, thats upstairs ready for warton junior 2.0

Is the Rendevous still open?

Yeah we were there yesterday

Congratulations and welcome to the world of freedom

already planning a father and son bike trip, for a month or so’s time. 3 miles, with a stop for lunch 🙂 so excited

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Proud dad content :-)’ is closed to new replies.