Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Proper windy!!!!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Anyone still venturing out tonight??

soma_rich
    Free Member

yup i’m riding home! stuff taking the off route tonight looks like a few branches will be down in the New Forest.

matt_outandabout

’tis dropping here now.

Yeah, I’ll be out all night – working on top of Almondsbury interchange (M5 J15) by the RAC building. Can’t wait….

ThePinkster

I’m just glad I decided to work from home today. The ride back from the office would have been into it pretty much the whole way back.

I’m glad I decided to take my caravan awning down for the winter this morning. I reckon it’d have taken itself down by now

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I reckon TAFKAS is in for a windy one 😯

No roofing this year wrightyson? As I remember last year, you had a load of framing arriving to coincide with a big storm. 😆

missnotax
    Free Member

Yep, the New Forest is pretty much flooded anyway – this will add to the excitement…

ThePinkster

Just seen some piccies on the news of Evesham, looks a tad damp around there.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Can’t beat a bit of wind, specially garlic-scented.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah remember that DD, trusses coming over head at a 45 degree angle! Had to fetch the cladders off the roof today. They only started yesterday which was a washout. They’ve not earnt a penny for five men in two days now. I’m popular today 😐

woody2000

Very windy here nr Leeds. Getting a bit twitchy about the ride home TBH 😐

Still, not raining yet, but no doubt will just as I leave!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Was bad down here in Cornwall,Very windy.Had to go to my Parents and Chainsaw a tree up that had fallen across there drive(Dad is having a Hernia op tommorow)
    And then the Rain arrived….I have never seen rain like it.Must have had 2″ of rain in 20 minutes,And then hailstones.
    Wind has died down now,its still raining,was flooded roads everywhere

kimbers

cycling through the park yesterday was great with all the leaves being shed

40mpg

I’m off bivvy-biking near the New Forest tomorrow. Hope it calms down a bit!

hammyuk
    Free Member

45+mph all day and nearly that every bloody day this week – have lost 19 days in the last 30 so far because of weather.
    All because a CA thought we could work at 120mts in Oct/Nov 😕

molgrips
    Free Member

I drove in today. Rain I don’t mind or cold but wind is a bit dangerous in heavy traffic I reckon.

missnotax
    Free Member

I’m off bivvy-biking near the New Forest tomorrow. Hope it calms down a bit!

Good luck with that 😉 !!

woody2000

And so the rain begins, right on ferking cue!

Hey ho

carbon337
    Free Member

Not risking getting blown in front of a bus on commute home. Train to near home then wife’s bringing the car.

pingu66
    Free Member

Yep I will be venturing out, but only to see if I can find the remnants of my shed roof incase its salvageable which was blown off an hour or so ago.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Two of the lads have still gone out on our night ride as planned, I’m sat in the car at present and can’t hear the engine due to the rain 😆

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Just in from the commute. Did more manuals and bunnyhops avoiding fallen/broken/flooded bits than I would’ve on a weekend up t’woods.

Lovely with a bit of Metallica on, gnaaaaar.

molgrips
    Free Member

I hope my old shed blows down, it’ll save me having to dismantle it. Actually I hope it gets lifted over the fence first, since that’s the biggest problem.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Proper windy!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.