Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • proper vice-like seat clamp…..idea's?
  • ton

i need a proper vice like seatclamp for my solaris.

the hope qr one it can with is crap. cant get it tight enough to stop the post slipping. and i dont want to over tighten it and bust it when a shut the lever.

idea’s please.

chipster

Salsa.
    One of these came with my old Soul. Post never slipped in the 6 or 7 years I was using it.

martinhutch

Do you need to drop it? If not, you can turn that hope one into a bolt-up pretty easily.

ton

not to drop it. just a bog standard bolt one.
    didnt want to use the hope one. was gonna sell it once i had a solution.

iainc

Is it a Thomson post ? Are you using carbon paste on the post ?

ton

not a thomson. it is a race face.

iainc

I couldn’t get a Thomson to stay put in my Soul, but have a Raceface which does. Lots of carbon paste on it, and Hope clamp with a bolt (you can buy a bolt converter for the qr ones)

Edit : it’s a spare post in my case for when the Reverb is broken and away for repair !

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Salsa Lip Lock are spotty Dog Tony.

tdog
    Free Member

Likewise for a Salsa liplock, nothing but the best and in a multitude of wicked colours too, oooooo.

martinhutch

didnt want to use the hope one. was gonna sell it once i had a solution.

The bolt-up adapters are only a few quid. Got mine from All Terrain in Saltaire.

steel4real
    Free Member

+1 for the Salsa….makes the Hope look like the POS it is !

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Ton remove the qr and stick an m6 bolt through? Had no end of trouble on my solaris with a hope qr. Removed the skewer and shoved a bolt through and it’s perfect. Make sure rhe clamp is the correct way round! Split lines up with the split 🙂

martymac

I had a hope one on my charge filter, with a thomson post.
    It didn’t slip, but i always felt that i was putting a lot of strain on the bolt to actually tighten it, so i switched to a thomson clamp, much better.
    Im a hope fan btw, but not of their seat clamps.

km79
    Free Member

See if you can find a double bolt seat clamp. CRC used to do a Brand X one which was only a few quid and it was solid, ideal for bigger guys.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/brand-x-double-bolt-seat-clamp/rp-prod8213

jamesoz

Another version of the two bolt seat clamp has two different diameters, one to clamp the Seat tube and one to clamp the post. I’ve not used one but I do know they’re available and cost around £25.

singlespeedstu
    ton

a bit lighter……..you take the piss matey.
    like a bit lighter makes a differance to a 20 stone lump…… 😆

singlespeedstu

Every bit helps mate. 😛

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘proper vice-like seat clamp…..idea's?’ is closed to new replies.