Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Prologo Saddles
  • Shibboleth
    Free Member

Do any of the STW resident roadies have any comments on these? I was thinking about one for a new build and Planet X have some good offers on them

I was thinking about Nago Evo and wondered how it compares in terms of profile to other saddles.

I “get on” with Selle Italia SLRs, 143mm Spesh saddles, Charge Spoons, SDG Bel Air… So I guess I prefer something fairly wide and “hammocky”…

trail_rat
    Free Member

i have a nago ti that came with a bike.

i think its currently on my abuse bike.

and its not bad – but my SLR135 knocked spots off it.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I’ve just noticed that they’re all 134mm wide versions, probably going to cleave me in half… Shame, some good prices.

kcal

Can’t recall which Prologo road saddle I have. It’s ‘quite’ good. The MTB saddles are ace – firm, not too firm. Definitely an all-day saddle.

The road one is definitely made of, ah, less forgiving, material..

rocketman
    Free Member

Have recently retired a Vertigo Max from the Cannondale it was the best saddle I’ve ever had. The cover was torn and the markings had rubbed off the rails but it was supremely confortable and functionally just as good as the day I bought it probably 2.5 years ago.

Slightly wider and definitely more ‘hammocky’ than e.g. a Charge Spoon, Bel Air etc.

FWIW I replaced it with a Chromag Lynx which has similar dimensions but is quite a bit flatter

Kryton57

After some experimentation I’ve settled on a Prologo Scratch pro 143, cheaper at Ribble and has reviews / feedbac regarding its comfort. IMO is really worth popping onto Prologo’s website and reading about round vs flat vs semi round etc.

It works really well for me, does (when positioned correctly) settle you into the middle of the saddle, takes pressure of the inside of the thighs and supports my sit bones. You however will probably be a different shape to me….

loum
    Free Member

Have a prologo on my mtb ( some form of vertigo max too, I think) which I bought to replace a Bel air that was too noisy. Got it about a year ago in a crc clearance sale for £10 reduced from 90 without knowing anything about them – thought at that price it would be no loss even if i didn’t like it.
    Best money I spent on that bike, more comfortable and no creaky noise. Good saddles.

4ags4
    Free Member

Am currently using a 143 Scratch Pro Plus – a rounded profile with a scooped out section for “””pressure relief”’ . Only been using it a couple of months but it is pretty comfy for longer rides.

kcal

Vertigo Max – that’s the I have on two MTBs. Recommended.

Bought it from LBS on a trial basis (they had a demo saddle), which seems a really great move.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Just read the gubbins on the website as per Kryton’s advice, and my race bike has a 136mm SLK which I find pretty comfy, so I think I’ll take a punt on the Evo which is semi round so should suit the majority of my riding…

Cheers chaps!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Prologo Saddles’ is closed to new replies.