Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Problems with OnOne Ringmaster
  • toastandtea
    Free Member

Just fitted a new 30t ringmaster to my bike this evening and the chain doesn’t run correctly on the ring. I have also fitted and a new slx rear mech , new cassette , new SRAM chain , all 10 speed.

In any gear the chain will ride up so it running on top of the chainring teeth , then drop back down engage around the ring correctly. Or some times the chainring will not let the chain come away at the bottom and drag it around as you pedal , then I need to pull the chain off the teeth !

Anybody eles had such a problem with this make of chainring or other NW chainrings?

I’ve tried every gear and messing about it the mech body angle , also happens with either the clutch on or off. It does not seem to happen on a particular part of the chain or the ring !

Iam going to contact on one tomorrow. But wondered if there is something iam missing or should be trying ??

Any suggestions ?

Cheers

kayak23

30t? I think there has to be a spacer taking it away from the spider. do you have it spaced away? otherwise it may be riding up on the spider.

deanfbm
    Free Member

mine did the same with a new chain, soon wears in and stops. think of it as tight tolerances that will retain the chain better once its worn in

toastandtea
    Free Member

The chain isn’t hitting the spider , checked that out. But I think the 30t ringmaster is designed to work without spacer anyway !

toastandtea
    Free Member

I didn’t wonder if it was a tight tolerance thing. But it is causing a few dropped chains in the higher gears when the chain rides up on the top of the teeth !

Might just have to ride it and see if it beds in !

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ride 😉

toastandtea
    Free Member

Iam trying Dave me old mucker ! Want to get it sorted so we can get out for a blast this weekend.

All the other bits went on easy , even the mech indexed without any faffing. Just this ring giving me bother !!!

brant
    Free Member

I have seen this on a batch of brand new chains. Shimano ones didn’t do this. It’s a tolerance thing. A ride around the block should fix it.

stevied
    Free Member

I fitted one of these to my mates bike, a couple of days ago, to an XT M770 chainset. Initially I put the ring on the front of the chainset where the outer ring should be. Soon realised that it needs to be on the back (nearer the frame) as the chain line was a long way out.

toastandtea
    Free Member

I fitted the new chain ring in place of the middle ring , I don’t think the 30t ring would fit very well in the outer position due to its design.

Brant I used a SRAM pc1051 chain order from on one at the same time as the ringmaster.

I might have another look at the chainline , see if I can improve. Then take the bike for a quick spin.

Cheers for the help

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mines been great, 5 rides so far including Mayhem Solo totalling well over 300km and I’ve only dropped the chain once – on Pins & Needles at CYB yesterday, but that’s a big rocky slab fest – put together with a 2014 Deore clutch mech, chain and cassette

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Harden Moor will sort it out good and proper Chris 😉

I might even bleed my back brake to save me disappearing into the undergrowth a’la Headless Chicken last Friday!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Problems with OnOne Ringmaster’ is closed to new replies.