Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pro 2 rear conversion – will I notice the difference?
  • Bendigo
    Free Member

Can anyone help me…

I’ve nearly convinced myself to convert my rear pro 2 from QR to 10mm bolt thru.

My concern is that I won’t really be able to tell the difference, which is what’s stopped me do far.

Can someone who’s done it give me their views? On a full suss that is used for everything/general riding.

Thanks!

smiff
    Free Member

depends on the frame but yeah, do it. only costs around £20 for skewer and caps right?

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

I run 10mm Bolt – up on my SC Nomad and have had my wheels for my Cotic changed to match 🙂

I did notice a differance, seemed to tighten the rear up.

kanza
    Free Member

Yeh definately, I think you will notice the difference with either bolt through or bolt up, its a big change effectively going from 6mm to 10mm its a hell of a lot stiffer I think.

markyd

I run the DT RWS 10mm bolt thru at the back (and 9mm at front) and I do like it, but I can’t honestly say I can tell the difference. I’d steer clear of the ‘QR Type’ 10mm bolt thru axles as they are wasted down to 6mm at the end to go into the QR lever (I have one of these too but don’t use it). With QR going over-centre it also releases some pressure when completely closed. I think the superstar ones may now be hollow, but were originally steel, solid and heavy (hence cheep). The DT stuff makes sence mechanically, but it stupid expensive for what it is.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pro 2 rear conversion – will I notice the difference?’ is closed to new replies.