Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Prince Albert build vs Orange P7 Pro – thoughts on this?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I’ve got a spare set of Mono Minis, so here’s what I can custom build for the price of a P7 Pro. Now I’ve priced it all up, and I’ve got about £1500 insurance money, I’m thinking the PA?

Orange PA frame from Mike

XT gear and crankset, chain – SRAM PC991

raceface evolve xc seatpost, hope 29.8 clamp, raceface evolve xc 31.8mm 1″ rise black bars, raceface evolve stem 90mm 31.8

Hope headset

rockshox revelation 426 dual air + poploc black 140mm QR version, hope skewers

dt swiss 4.2 on hope 2

v8 pedals, Maxis Advantage tyres, allow £50 for a saddle

MrSmith
    Free Member

get a set of pablo-bars off mike instead of the raceface.

paule
    Free Member

At 140mm travel, I’d try to get something bolt through for the forks… Makes a surprisingly noticable difference. Other than that, sounds like the dialled’s a better spec.

ianpinder
    Free Member

eye, i would get bolt thru revs. they would fit your wheelset, def worth the slight extra

Jimbo
    Free Member

Whilst it’s up to you at the end of the day, you could “tone” that down a little, and save a shedload of cash.

SLX crankset, SRAM 951/971 chain.
    Last years Revs (130mm) (which, lets face it, aren’t rubbish overnight!).
    XT hubs + 719s (from memory, £100ish cheaper!)
    FSA Orbit Xtreme/Cane Creek S3/S8 headset (all cheaper than the Hope)
    Charge Spoon (£20).

You’ll pay 80% the price, whilst having a 99.99%-as-good bike, non?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The spoon is good and cheap

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks. Going for a Gobi saddle, expensive, but I get on with them. Not usually a particularly bling person, but going to try a hope headset too.

Yeah, forks….. The 140mm Fox forks are what put me off the P7. I like Revs, but the difference between the QR version at about £260, and the maxle at over £500 is large! Worth thinking about though, or checking ebay. I found the 130mm 426s stiff enough on my last hardtail. Struggling to find these this time aroudn though; coil, big travel adjust, lock out, black – very nice and not expensive – ebay maybe?

firestarter
    Free Member

i was looking at those frames too but just ordered a 456 im gonna stick my 140mm talas on it. Worth a look at those id say ive not heard owt bad about them

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Prince Albert build vs Orange P7 Pro – thoughts on this?’ is closed to new replies.