Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Pret a Manger
  • DrP

The highlight of my career.

A career in what – Oogling boobies??

DrP

plumber
    Free Member

coofee and porridge are good if I have a meeting in town otherwise ‘its not as good as it used to be’ TM

edlong
    Free Member

Went downhill about 6-7 yrs ago before turning it round recently though.

I used to eat from there now and again, but stopped enjoying their product, ooo, six or seven years ago. Not bought anything from them since.

There’s a lesson, right there. For businesses, I mean.

DezB
    Free Member

Thing is with Subway you are looking at £4.70 for a footlong! truly vile splodge of processed shite, stuffed into a bread like substance with more sugar in it than a Mars Bar

And you have to put up with that smell

vinnyeh

Not sure I fancy Pret’s

bikebouy
    Free Member

Never been in Eat, have seen them around but can’t say I’ve ever been in one.. Odd that.

I’m ok with Prets prices, quality of grub available etc. etc. it’s a nice place to be and makes me feel good 😆

Cougar

I quite like Eat. Has a reasonable selection for the voodoo vegenematarians amongst us.

LenHankie

I get lunch from either there or Eat pretty much every day. Pret coffee is better than most places too.

Could this be why I am skint?

allthepies
    Free Member
    binners

DezB – too bloody right! With that smell that they pump out of the front door, I’m amazed anyone makes it into the place without barfing. I’ve smelt more appealing landfill sites

molgrips
    Free Member

The last three wraps I have had came in paper and went all the way up to the ends.

I don’t buy actual sandwiches, they are always full of mayonnaise, but I love wraps with interesting things in. And when they are hot – bloody fabulous. You don’t even have to wait for them to be made either.

500 times better than subway. The bread I used to like but it slowly dawned on me how crappy and sugary it was, and the fillings are losing their appeal. The only thing for my tongue to look forward to at all is jalapenos and chili sauce.

RustySpanner

I’ll have an Orient Express please.

teasel
    Free Member

A friend had the urge to sample one of these yesterday…

I kid you not, the thing looked like a very slim suppurated penis. I have no idea why anyone would create something like that let alone eat it…

Houns

Sainsburys meal deal for £3 is full of win

Mmmm love the roast chicken

druidh
    Free Member

Anywhere is OK as long as it sells diet coke.

Houns

Diet coke? Are you a fat woman? 😛

binners

You’ll get cancer. Best off being fat

Jamie
    Free Member

Diet coke? Are you a fat woman?

Nah. It tastes nice with the Burger & large chips.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

As mentioned above why do subways stink so ghastly? It’s surely just baked bread and bakery’s normally smell lovely. I went into a subway with a friend while he scoffed a meatball footlong that smell was on my coat for days. We need one of those pull along van things like in that London that sells hog roast and beef and potatoes.

Kryton57

Houns – Member
    Sainsburys meal deal for £3 is full of win

+ 1 – I can’t get enough of the mayo free chicken & chorizo…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Never as good as Ossie’s was. 🙁

CountZero

yunki – Member
    Seriously, you’ve never eaten in a Pret before?
    I don’t think that I’ve ever seen a Pret a Manger before, never mind eaten in one..

They’re only in major cities, and then only one shop, like in Bath and Bristol. I often eat in Pret when up in That London, there’s inevitably one nearby wherever you are in the city, the food is no more ‘junk’ food than anything else, unless all you eat is salad. It’s only junk if you eat lots of it exclusively, and even then, a Rocket and Crayfish baguette is hardly the same as, say, a dodgy greaseburger and a can of coke analogue. The only thing that upsets me when I go there is that they no longer seem to do Vanilla Danish pastries. BASTARDS! I love those. 🙁
    Their coffee is vastly superior to Starbucks, too.

molgrips
    Free Member

Their coffee is vastly superior to Starbucks, too.

I bought one to test this theory out despite having good free coffee in this office, but my mouth is still stinging from the frankly delicious jalapeno wrap so I’ll have to let you know later 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

They’re only in major cities, and then only one shop, like in Bath and Bristol.

Bristol has two 😉

spacemonkey

They’re only in major cities,

Not quite. I was in the Horsham one the other day … and that’s just a town 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Verdict – coffee is ok, somewhat nicer than Starbucks I’d say but it’s still a fairly plain high streety thing. It’s certainly cheaper than bucks though.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Pret a Manger’ is closed to new replies.