Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Present for female friend who is going travelling?
  • Luther
    Free Member

A friend is about to go travelling for 5 or 6 months

She recently let a few of us stay in her parents' cottage in Ireland and we'd like to repay her by getting her a present

We thought it would be nice to get her something that she could use while travelling but are a bit stumped because she has the essentials and will otherwise be travelling light

We had thought of getting her somewhere comfortable to stay on her first night but she's already booked up a room

Any other ideas?

Drac
    TimP
    Free Member
    Moses

If you know where she's going, buy her an excursion / special flight somewhere. Say, a flight up to the glciers in NZ, an elephant ride in Thailand, a yacht trip in the med.

tomdebruin
    Free Member

Compressions sacks, everyone needs compressions sacks.

http://www.alloutdoor.co.uk/sea-to-summit/compression-sacks/

vdubber67
    Free Member

Solar charger? I've got one of these…

linky

cynic-al
    Free Member

rucsac stuffed with condoms.

Pigface
    Free Member

V dubber how well does that work?

Mooncup 😯

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Apparently, these are essentianl???
    Coat already on, and I'm out the door…

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Rabbit?

cranberry
    Free Member
    coffeeking
    Free Member

mooncup – lol. But possibly a good point.
    supersessions – a girl travelling would in no way need a rabbit lol

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

An emergency sink plug

You won't believe how useful they are. Honestly.

And another top tip for her – don't buy expensive travel soap. Just get hand wash soap powder as she goes. Much more effective and much cheaper.

BlingBling
    Free Member

coffeeking, wrong type of rabbit lol

coffeeking
    Free Member

blingbling – not sure which way round we have the confusion, but I'm fairly sure she wont be lacking attention while travelling, which was my original point! I'm sure she'll find food too 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Travel alarm clock? when travelling its the gadget we used most. ( neither of us wear watches or have mobile phones)

atlaz
    Free Member

A good mosquito net if she's going somewhere hot. Not everywhere has them. Also a good sleeping bag liner if she's taking her own bag as it saves on the sleeping bag stink (assuming she washes it) after too many hot nights.

lowey

A Dildo ?

theflatboy
    Free Member

my sis has just gone off to aus for a year and i got her a swanky pair of raybans to take with her. they were well received. so swank sunglasses, i'd say.

Smee
    Free Member

Teva sandals.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Pigface – daft response, but they're ok when it's very sunny! Not so good on Trans Wales in the rain last year! 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

I was going to suggest mooncup, but beaten too it!

z1ppy

copy of the film Taken?

sofatester
    Free Member

Get her Dad to practice saying the following:

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

After she is kidnapped by Somali pirates, "The Taliban", Tamil tigers or some Eastern European people traffickers

Wish her a nice trip 😉

BTW – Just get her some Oakleys!

Drac

it saves on the sleeping bag stink (assuming she washes it) after too many hot nights.

Giggidy!

iDave
    Free Member

a horse?

lunge

From the stuff I used when I went travelling:
    A head torch
    Oakleys
    Ear plugs
    A good sleeping bag and liner
    An iPod

Take you pick from the above based on the budget you have.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Present for female friend who is going travelling?’ is closed to new replies.