Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • prescription sunnies… Where from?
  • daftvader
    Free Member

evening…
    as title really. where do you go for your prescription sunnies? both my pairs of oakleys no longer suit me so minivader is inheriting them, and as we are off to cuba this summer i really need something good. specsavers, vision express and the local opticians are all a bit crap…. so reccomendations please!

cheers

scotroutes

RXSport for my Oakleys

ratherbeintobago

Advice from my (semi-pro cyclocrosser) optician was just to buy decent sunnies and use daily disposable contacts.

daftvader
    Free Member

i cant use contacts as i dont produce enough tears, even mega bucks disposable, made from the tears of angels, ones cause me no end of greif

scotroutes

And I produce too many, washing them out.

Superficial
    Free Member

I got mine from Sunglasses-shop. They were super cheap – £88* inc delivery for Ray Ban Wayfarers with a prescription lens and they came quickly. I’m happy enough and for the price it’s fantastic, although the lens is satisfactory not brilliant. It’s a bit warpy in the corner, and seems a bit prone to scratches. I think they do a more expensive lens option which I didn’t investigate. They unusually included the original RayBan lenses so I can always put them in and sell them at a later date.

Considering the previous set of sunglasses was similar but from Boots and cost more than twice as much, it seems churlish to complain.

*I googled a discount code and found 20% off.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’ve always been happy buying on-line from spex4less. They offer a no-quibble refund if you don’t like (even if it’s your own silly fault).

IHN

Ciliary Blue, there’s a thread on the other forum right now…

somouk
    Free Member

I have some Ray Bans away at Cilary blue at the moment. If they come back okay I’ll probably send away an older set of biking frames to have transitions fitted.

I had a set of Armani ones from Boots previously and while they are very good quality they were expensive to boot.

disco_stu
    Free Member

With Cilary Blue do you just send the lenses off your sunglasses to them to get reglazed to your prescription?

trickydisco
    Free Member

With Cilary Blue do you just send the lenses off your sunglasses to them to get reglazed to your prescription?

You send the frames with prescription so they can fit them properly

daftvader
    Free Member

i tried cillary blue about my current oakleys but as they are half frames they wouldnt do them. really easy to talk to tho.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘prescription sunnies… Where from?’ is closed to new replies.