Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Powertap G3 – no Watts?
  • Kryton57

Any ideas?

Its still a registered device on Trainerroad via ANT+ dongle, I’ve changed the battery just in case but it doesn’t show any data when I turn the pedals.

Thanks

munkster
    Free Member

Pedal harder?? 😉

But seriously, my ANT+ dongle seems to need to be taken out and plugged in again a few times for the PC (Zwift specifically) to play ball so maybe that? Could you not just try unpairing and re-pairing the G3 from scratch? Seems like a pain but if it works…

And finally, you *definitely* put the coin cell in the right way round obviously? I had to pretty much take a photo of mine to convince myself I was putting it in the right way 😳

Kryton57

Yep done all that. It wouldnt show up in Trainerroad with no signal, no ANT+ connection.

Its is there, just no readings.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Do you have a garmin? Can it pair with that?

Is it actually pairing? If you remove the sensor from TrainerRoad list and try and re-find it, does it find it?

fifeandy
    Free Member

Not much use i’m afraid, other than pointing out that an FTP of 0W is probably an all time low – can only improve from there 🙂

Kryton57

Do you have a garmin? Can it pair with that?

Good point, I’ll try.

If you remove the sensor from TrainerRoad list and try and re-find it, does it find it?

Yes.

Kryton57

The garmin didn’t, so I surmised it must still be the battery. I bought a new one locally, works straight away.

I guess the replacement battery has “expired” in some way.

munkster
    Free Member

I guess the replacement battery has “expired” in some way.

I had a CR2032 “expire” on me in the summer when it exploded on a particularly warm day. The scorch mark on the window took some scrubbing to get off! I don’t think I’ll buy the *really* cheap ones off eBay any more :-\

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Torque tube might be dead 🙁 I had 2 in 6 months, G3 was unreliable crap

mrlebowski
    Free Member

PowerTap C1 chainrings here – worked fine till I had to change the battery now completely fails to work. It’s going back..

Looking at Quarq cranks instead. Anyone got any experience?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Ive used Quarq cranks for 4 years with no issues at all, good battery life and good readings.

Kryton57

I’ve had no issue with the G3 for two years, and this has turnwed out to be a duff replacement battery.

On the other bike I’ve had an Infocrank on it for 8 months, which really has been fit & forget.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Curious about the C1. Can’t be that old. Definitely worth dropping their UK service guys an email.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Curious about the C1. Can’t be that old. Definitely worth dropping their UK service guys an email.

It was great up till it went bonk.

I’ll post up what’s happened to it as as soon as I get it back..

Ive used Quarq cranks for 4 years with no issues at all, good battery life and good readings.

Cool.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Powertap G3 – no Watts?’ is closed to new replies.